Non Religeous and general topic, sub forum.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by AnglicanAgnostic, Aug 8, 2020.

1. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    I occasionally write to a watch forum and on that site they have a sub forum called "The Cafe" this is dedicated to non watch discussions though in their case it excludes religion and politics.

Is there a space for a general topic discusions, sub forum on this site? Where we may discuss our hobbies interest etc? I would like to think we are more rounded that the one dimensional image we may portray on this site.

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

3. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Well as an example if I was to write "As well as being interested in Anglicanism I am also interested in; Morris dancing, 1920's cars, ancient Greek poetry, knitting, constitutional aspects of the Duchy of Cornwall and quantum Physics anyone else interested in these topics?" what sub forum would I put it in?

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I lived at Adderbury in Oxfordshire for a year. The village there had a very good Morris Team with a large repertoir going back centuries. They went off to WW1 together and only one came back. In 1960's someone moved into the village and wanted to start a Morris group again and discovered the one member who survived WW1 was still alive. He passed on all he knew to the incomer before he died and now they have a very active Team again. Enjoyed a display they put on in the church along with a dramatic presentation of the story I have only briefly outlined here.
    [​IMG] https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r11zbq78afttv3/Adderbury.jpg?dl=0[/IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

Here?
    https://forums.anglican.net/forums/arts-literature-and-games.48/

We could probably use a more general title that deals with more than just with arts, literature, and games. Maybe something like "Hobbies & Games"? But yeah, there.

6. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    I did a flick through that sub forum earlier but it did seem quite full of religious stuff.
    Perhaps a title like Non-religious Interests and Hobbies.

Sorry Tiffy of my 6 suggestions I am really only interested in two of them and Morris dancing isn't one of them:halo:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Interests & Hobbies sounds like a great general title for that section, if others are not opposed.