A suggestion and some questions.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by AnglicanAgnostic, Jul 29, 2020.

1. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Is it possible when you use the quote option, that there be a bigger gap between the set of brackets? It may be just me but I usually have to have three or four goes at right clicking in the right place to paste the text I have copied.

Also when it comes to the icons or is it emojies what does; Buba baba, Ninja, Popcorn, and wub wub mean or signify.

Phoenix likes this.
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    There's a quote option? I don't understand the issue. I just hit reply and the entire comment I'm replying to is quoted (but sometimes I delete part of it or break it up).

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

Appreciate the suggestion, it's a good one. We will actually be doing a pretty massive upgrade to the whole forum system soon, and your concerns will not be an issue then. I'm hoping that we can get that done by the end of August?...

As for emojis, I am not sure, but if I recall correctly, all those were added to represent states of mind, or fun non-verbal intonations... :ninja:

Botolph likes this.
  4. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Yes I realise they represent states of mind, or fun non-verbal intonations, its what particular representation they mean. I have no idea what Buba buba means, maybe it's an Americanism. My guess, possibly wrongly, is the English translation is Rhubarb rhubarb.

Ps would you like some custard with that Tiffy

5. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    I don't seem to have or be able to find a reply button.:no:

6. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
  7. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Thanks Rexlion I've now just realised when you blue out someones text the quote/reply option comes up in the "quotee's" post. I've done it just now///Cheers

8. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Glad I helped, somehow. BTW, does your forum screen look the same to you as it does to me? See this screenshot, with location of reply link on the right side:
    [​IMG]

I don't see any 'wub wub' or text descriptions. At the top bar of my reply box there are buttons like B (bold), I (italic), U (underline), and so on.... farther to the right there's a yellow smiley face, and when I click on it I get a new box at the bottom of my reply box with all the actual emojis in graphic form. There are 3 tabs, in fact, and clicking on the other tabs will reveal additional emojis.:friends:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  9. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    :buba:=Buba :Buba :wub:=Wub :wub The text for these icons appear when you hover the cursor above it. I have no idea what the words mean.
    I of course know what Popcorn:popcorn: is and what Ninjas:ninja: are but don't know the appropriate context to use them.

Rexlion yes my page looks like yours with the reply option (bottom right). I never used that particular option as I usually don't want to repeat someones whole post.

I guess my problems stemmed from me assuming the quote options would be found in the small reply window at the bottom of each thread page instead of the easier option found by using the other persons post and thusly creating a reply post, which doesn't seem intuitive to me.

Thanks for all the help.:thumbsup: