A really interesting article about the growth of conservative Anglicanism in the US

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by anglican74, Jan 10, 2020.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Has anyone seen this? What do you think?

https://religionunplugged.com/news/2019/7/1/a-more-diverse-conservative-anglicanism-is-growing

"The Episcopal Church’s membership has seen a 10 percent decline from 2012-2017 and 19 percent decline over the decade. While 15 percent of their churches are seeing markedly increased attendance, 57 percent are seeing a noticeable drop.

The ACNA surge is modest but noteworthy. In 2018, the ACNA observed a net growth of 25 congregations, totaling membership to 134,649 – nearly the same from the previous year but part of a steady growth since 2009."

JoeLaughon likes this.
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I think when a church or group of churches is moving in a godly direction, our Lord will prosper their efforts and add to their numbers. Conversely, churches that move away from His truth and His will, such as TEC, will not be so abundantly blessed by Him.

3. Jeffg

Jeffg Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Lutherpalian
    Any data on other Anglican church growth/decline in North America for those time periods ? would be interested. Also, data on who may have left TEC for the ACNA or other Anglican churchs/denominations ?

4. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none

Attached Files:

5. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    LDS is a "church" in name only, and it is aided by the father of lies rather than by God. But point taken, we can't base conclusions solely upon outward appearances or outward results.

JoeLaughon likes this.
  6. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    The $100 Billion dollar real estate firm is on a decline these days thanks to the internet and God's providence.
    Wards collapsing and being combined, surviving wards being generally older, net negative members, and so forth. The mountainous horde of cash will let it survive awhile, but it has peaked.

Source - I'm involved in helping people break free of that ridiculous cult. Exmos tend to have very high prices to pay in terms of social life, family life, and psychological stability when breaking free, the more so the closer they are to the "Morridor". That can also affect employment.
    (Exmo - ex mormons. Morridor - The Mormon Corridor from SLC up to Rexburg, ID. The fact that it sounds like Mordor is even better. )
    Many, many, many of them end up athiest, rather than look into true Christianity, feeling as burned as they do, but one must always give aid, and never give up.

7. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    What is or are; the Mormon Corridor, SLC, Rexburg and ID?

This no doubt true. I only know of two ex Mormons, one I work with and she left at 15 years old, the other is an unmarried mother and now our Prime Minister. My work mate is probably an atheist and our P.M. says she is an agnostic.

8. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    One may find this area on a map of the western USA: SLC is Salt Lake City, Utah. Rexburg is a city in Idaho, to the north of SLC. Actually I would have thought the corridor (an area with an disproportionately high Mormon percentage of the population) probably extends somewhat further south than SLC, to St. George, Utah. Nor would I think this 'corridor' to be a narrow one, after seeing all the LDS 'church' buildings around Vernal (in the NE corner of Utah).

When Brigham Young led the early Mormons westward from the state of Missouri in the 1800s, they wound up settling in the SLC area. SLC is pretty much 'home base' for them.

Anyone who happens to be interested in reading more about LDS (Mormon) errors or how to potentially minister to them will find the Utah Lighthouse Ministry at utlm.org a rich source of info.

Magistos likes this.
  9. AnglicanAgnostic

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Ahh you are refering to a geographical area, it all makes sense now.

Yes utlm.org is an informative site. People may want to get hold of the book "No man knows my History" by Fawn M. Brodie ,it's a good read by an unsympathetic author about Joseph Smith.