Please pray very hard for me!

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Brigid, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Brigid

Brigid Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    AngloCatholic
    I have decided to go into the "lions den" of the TEC down the street. 1) I feel very strongly that God puts people where He wants them. I am not allowed at this time by my Drs. to drive on the freeway and this is the only Anglican Church (of any sort and tho' heterodox) within reach of my driving allowances.
    2) I am tolerant traditional and the more and more of us who are orthodox in the TEC the more likely our voices/prayers will be heard to turn aside from actions against His Will. And the more likely the TEC is to give Him the worship that is His due.
    3) Father Shane has most kindly found and put me in touch with a bishop of a continuing church (the CEC) and I was able to get a ride there, finding a church that I could feel comfortable in. And I was comfortable there. That is the difficulty. It's too easy for me. I'm not thinking of others as He has asked us to do, only of myself.

I don't know if I will be able to stay selfless. That's why I need your prayers. My faith is fairly strong and my knowledge of Scripture is better than the average (although with the mainline protestant currently, that's not a very high bar). Boy, I hope I'm doing His Will! And I hope I can be loving and charitable while keeping orthodoxy.

2. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
    Will be praying. Let us know if you need any resources.

Liturgyworks and Brigid like this.
  3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I'm confident that you are within His permissive will, at the least, in attending there. Whether it is His perfect will or not is something only you and the Lord can communicate about.

But I would add this: don't read too much (negatively) into your feeling "comfortable" in the CEC parish; our God is the Source of true peace, and it could be the Holy Spirit who is giving you that peaceful, comfortable feeling. Conversely, if it seems a chore to get comfortable or settled in TEC parish, that may mean it isn't God's best for you.

The Lord will honor our sincere desire and efforts to please Him (when they spring out of love), even when in so doing we miss the mark somewhat.

Liturgyworks and Brigid like this.
  4. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Will be praying for you.

Liturgyworks likes this.
  5. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    May be His Will is that you worship where you feel comfortable. Worship is not about us. It is about the worship of Almighty God. The TEC have made it about themselves. They have not maintained orthodox Christian faith but changed their doctrine to match contemporary secular society. Current secular values are equality between men and women so the TEC ordains women. Another current secular value is homosexuality is normal so the TEC embrace it and say it is no barrier to being a priest. The list goes on. If you can avoid this unorthodox worship of God in the TEC why would you not choose that option?

Liturgyworks likes this.
  6. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    I will pray for you, and I do support what you are doing. If I were you I would attend the Episcopalian church regularly, but take communion mainly at the CEC church. I think dual membership if done prayerfully and with prayerful support could be a way to save the Episcopal church, which needs to be saved. I intend a similiar mission, so please pray for me.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019