Icon Corner

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by alvin, Sep 4, 2019.

1. alvin

alvin New Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglo Catholic
    Hi
    How many of you have an Icon corner?
    If so which icons or statue do you have?
    thank you

2. Dave Kemp

Dave Kemp Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I collect icons, I think they are beautiful art but I don’t pray to them or think they are a window to anywhere.

3. A Garden Gnome

A Garden Gnome Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I don't have an ikon corner per se but I do have a few statues, ikons, and other religious imagery on my desk in my bedroom. I quite like it because whenever I'm at my desk I can just look up and see them all. I've got a small wooden statue of Our Lady of Walsingham, a picture of my bishop, and an assortment of pictures of saints, including St Chad, St Gabriel, and Our Lady (amongst others)

4. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    I have an icon corner with icons depicting the Raising of Lazarus and the Ascension, a Syriac Orthodox icon depicting the baby Jesus with the Theotokos, and icons of St. Basil, St. Nicholas, St. Guillame and St. Anna of Volograd. I greatly desire icons of Sts. Athanasius, Epiphanius, Cyril, and Ephrem the Syrian.

5. Magistos

Magistos Active Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I don't, but my children are interested in one, so my wife and I may put one together. We already have several icons around the house.
    (Blended family - My wife and children are Ruthenian Byzantine Rite in the Catholic church.)

Liturgyworks likes this.