Formula of Holy Subscription

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Admin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Dave Kemp

Dave Kemp Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Many thanks, that statement or declaration is my rule of life.

Shaun likes this.
  2. Taiping

Taiping New Member Anglican

Malaysia
    Religion:
    Christian
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Taiping, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp and Shaun like this.
  3. Juliana

Juliana Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican - Anglo-Catholic
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Juliana, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

Thank you both, and welcome among us!

Juliana likes this.
  5. Anglo-cracker

Anglo-cracker Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    almost anglican

I, Anglo-cracker, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Shaun likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

7. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy

After much prayer and consideration and excellent assistance from @Phoenix, I am now confident to profess the following in the sure knowledge that it is a true and accurate expression of doctrinal orthodoxy compatible with the apostolic faith as I have received it:

I, LiturgyWorks, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

~

Prior to making this declaration, I, not fully understanding the semantics or doctrinal importance of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer, did make erroneous comments derrogatory to it in a debate with @Stalwart, and those remarks, as well as any others I have made which could be interpreted as contradicting my profession of Assent and Subscription, I hearby retract and withdraw, and thus anything I may have posted before making this solemn Declaration that is or appears to be contrary to the Anglican formularies should be disregarded, as these views were expressed in error. This statement is not a qualification of my Subscription to the Anglican formularies.

Dave Kemp, Anglo-cracker and Juliana like this.
  8. Brigid

Brigid Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    AngloCatholic

I, Brigid, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Since, no matter which church I go to I am a definite Anglican through and through (I can't help it!), I want to take the oath on a lasting basis.

9. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    Congratulations!

Juliana, Brigid and anglican74 like this.
  10. GreatfulAnglican

GreatfulAnglican New Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Anglican Christianity

I, GreatfulAnglican, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

11. Thomist Anglican

Thomist Anglican Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and AthanasianCreeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Thomist Anglican, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp likes this.
  12. Cooper

Cooper Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Episcopal
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and AthanasianCreeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Cooper, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp likes this.
  13. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA

I, Ananias, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp and Lowly Layman like this.
  14. Empty

Empty Member

I, Holly Joy, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Dave Kemp and Fr. Brench like this.
  15. CanterburianRoo

CanterburianRoo New Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Anglican (GAFCON)

I, CanterburianRoo, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons

Dave Kemp and Phoenix like this.
  16. Phoenix

Welcome, friend!

CanterburianRoo likes this.
  17. Staples

Staples New Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Christian

I, Staples, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Br. Thomas likes this.
  18. Phoenix

Welcome!

19. Staples

Staples New Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you! I'm enjoying reading others' expressions of faith.

20. Jenn

Jenn New Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Jenn, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.