Blessed to be new

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Grams, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Grams

Grams New Member

Religion:
    Angelican
    I’m a new Angelica’s and feel so blessed to be one.

I left my former denomination due to beliefs I did not personally agree with. It took 20 years of research, prayer, study, discernment and faith to know this is theChurch I wish to be with.

In no way am I speaking unkind toward another faith that someone else believes in. This is my personal decision and for the first time in many years, I feel at total peace.

My new church is wonderful and kind. They have welcomed me with open arms and been there to help answer questions I have had.

I still have questions and would like to get feedback from others of this faith regarding books to read, helpful learning insight, anything that will increase my daily walk and journey.

Blessings to all

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Welcome Grams: Ask away. Don't expect us all to agree on the answers though or even know what they should be.

Grams likes this.
  3. Grams

Grams New Member

Religion:
    Angelican
    Greeting,

Thank you for the kind welcome.

I do not get offended easily.

I’m too old to worry about such things.

My choice is to find peace and comfort no matter what is before me. ❤️

Brigid likes this.
  4. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Welcome! My rector has us studying from "Essential Truths for Christians" by John H. Rodgers. Alister McGrath has written a couple of good books, too; my rector loaned me "Christian Theology, an Introduction" and it was quite helpful.
    There's also some good stuff stored right here; just go to the main page anglican.net and click on some of the documents linked at the top of the page.

5. Anglo-cracker

Anglo-cracker Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    almost anglican
    Welcome Grams. I too have been on the long trail to Canterbury. There are many knowlegable folks here that are most willing to help you with your questions.

6. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Welcome! Speaking as someone who left the RCC, I feel as you go along, you'll find the richness of God's love in the Anglican Community. I know I have.
    And as Anglo stated .... there are MANY knowledgeable folks here who will be able to answer any questions you may have!

Again ... welcome! :clap: