Greetings

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Taiping, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Taiping

Taiping New Member Anglican

Malaysia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Hi all,

I'm an Anglican based in the Province of Southeast Asia. I'm relatively new to Anglicanism as I grew up in a multi-cultural and multi-religious family. I have attended an Assemblies of God church when I was a child, shifted to a Oneness Pentecostal church in my teens and then a Brethren church in my early adulthood. I never quite felt "at home" until I attended services at an Anglican cathedral and really liked the liturgy, teaching and preaching (quite a learning curve, at first). So, after about a couple of years of going there, I decided to get confirmed in 2018.

I haven't made up my mind concerning churchmanship yet although I've been surrounded by lowchurchmen. So, it's something that I plan to explore.

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Hi Taiping. Welcome! Being a christian is the important thing. Churchmanship is a matter of taste. Like whether you like pot plants and flowers in your home or listen to Rock or Beethoven, (or preferably to both, with enjoyment).

Anglicanism is sufficiently orthodox Christianity for most of us in here. Taste and see that the Lord is good.

3. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Welcome to the forum! There are quite a few very knowledgeable members here. So, any questions you may have will definitely be able to be answered here. At least, as far as I've seen this is true. Again .... welcome! :)

4. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
  5. Taiping

Taiping New Member Anglican

Malaysia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thank you, all.

I will certainly have questions as time goes by. I have been cautious as I have made a faux pas related to churchmanship before.

@Tiffy - I'm currently starting a mini herb garden as a hobby. :)

6. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    We are glad you're here! :yes:

7. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Welcome, sister in Christ!