Anyone watching tv show Knightfall?

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature, and Games' started by anglican74, May 18, 2019.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    It's about the history of the knights Templar in France... Nothing fantasy or made up, and illustrates all aspects of the rough and tumble life for a knight in the middle ages, with fascinating tidbits of initiation in the templar order...

Also (which is important to me), it is pretty chaste without gratuitous fornicating, except for a minor scene early on as necessary for the plot line, which is all I have seen so far (I'm on season one)

Anyone watching this? I believe it is accessible on the History Channel and free through Netflix

Shaun and Anglican04 like this.
  2. Anglican04

Anglican04 Active Member Anglican

I'm watching it on netflix. Great show.

anglican74 likes this.
  3. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    I have it on my 'to watch' list on netflix. It looked interesting. Glad to read from someone who is currently watching it and feedback.

4. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    What I like the most is,

How they portray sex outside of marriage as destructive to everyone in both families

At first you think, oh these two young lovebirds, typical modern tv show... But as it turns out their frolick destroys everything, showing why the church has bound the marital relations between people under marriage

Also,

Landry and the queen hook up and again you think, typical... But then the show demonstrates how repentant Landry is for this, and how it's not at all a happy choice for anyone involved, not the least for the king of France

Shaun and mediaque like this.
  5. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I am intrigued, and as such I am going to seek it out and give it a whirl. I shall report back in due course. :thumbsup:

Also on my list, Paul, Apostle of Christ.

Approximately 1 year ago, I watched A.D. Kingdom and Empire on Netflix, I had just been released from prison so was eager to further my knowledge of Christianity after I had found God in custody and been Baptised, I really enjoyed it. I found it quite gripping, especially the scenes with Saul.

6. Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor Active Member

Kingdom of Heaven
    Religion:
    Christian
    Season 1 was very good. It very much reminded me of Kingdom of Heaven and Arn Knight Templar.

Season 2 was terrible, it lacked continuity, was darker, and showed Templars who were the Navy Seals of the day couldn't best Satan worshippers in the forest.

Othniel likes this.