Anglican Christian Monk training to become a priest

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Lone Disciple, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Lone Disciple

Lone Disciple New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    Before anyone says anything. ..
    You do not have to be a Chinese or Japanese orphan inside a Buddhist monastery to become a lay or ordained Monk or Priest, British English Christians study or practice yoga, martial arts, meditation and Zen mindfulness too and many are not orphans and have been married or divorced or just been in a relationship with the opposite sex before.
    I am a Christian Monk training to become a priest for the Church of England (Anglo-Saxon one) and at the moment, as well as doing freelance voluntary charity work with other missionaries, I'm doing my best to stay happy so I wish to remain incognito but if a moderator or administrator wishes to confirm my identity, I'd prefer that to be done by a private message in my inbox. I've taken a vow of celibacy and absence (or abstence, whatever it's spelled or called), I no longer wish to engage in or participate in any romantic or sexual activity and after my retirement, I shall take a vow of silence . I don't have a name at the moment, only a legal one. My new one will be your choice depending on my good behaviour and status as I want to become a new changed man and better myself .

2. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Interesting. I thought about doing this myself, but I probably don't have the discipline or piety to do so. I am going to be making some affordable, modest, good quality Anglican rosaries and would be glad to send you one if it will help you in your monastic life. Let me know if you are interested.

Lone Disciple likes this.
  3. Lone Disciple

Lone Disciple New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican Christian
    That would be nice I'll PM you my home address .

4. Brigid

Brigid Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    AngloCatholic
    Welcome and blessings!

Lone Disciple likes this.