Miracles and False Doctrine

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Religious Fanatic, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I have heard of people surrendering to false doctrine because of miracles that changed their lives. Rarely when a Christian apostasizes from the experience of a miracle do you hear of them renouncing it and turning back to Christ. These events are very compelling for people who experience them and hard to reject.

For instance, if someone who was a Protestant or Anglican sees someone getting a miracle in the name of Mary in order to legitimize and encourage Mariolatry or conversion to the RCC in spite of its false doctrines, that is an example.

Another is when Christians desperate for a miracle such as a healing will get one, but it comes from a witch or occultist, and it often leaves them feeling so relieved and happy that they will wonder why something like that could come from Satan whereas their prayers to the Christian God were never answered, therefore witchcraft must be valid.

Seeing or hearing of these things is utterly disturbing and shows you how serious such phenomenon can be in leading people to rejection of orthodoxy and God himself. I will honestly avoid people who endorse such practices so as to prevent these things from happening whenever possible. Flee from all sin, deceit and false doctrine if you can! There are some materials I cannot even have in my home from certain Christian sects because of this!

2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Matthew 16:1-4
    The Demand for a Sign

The Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test Jesus they asked him to show them a sign from heaven. He answered them, ‘When it is evening, you say, “It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.” And in the morning, “It will be stormy today, for the sky is red and threatening.” You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times. An evil and adulterous generation asks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.’ Then he left them and went away.​

Our faith in Jesus is not about being captivated by the showmanship of a magician, the excitement of the amazing band, but the transforming love of the child in the manger, and the dying man on the cross, opening for us the way, the truth, and the life.

JoeLaughon likes this.