Formula of Holy Subscription

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Admin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Formula of Holy Subscription

As in all flourishing eras of Church history the members of the Church had bound themselves to certain truths of orthodoxy, which had separated the faithful from the heretics, so today the need is no less, and perhaps greater than ever. (See the Page on Anglican orthodoxy.)

In order to help the Church and the members of this Site join together in the apostolic uniformity of our reformed Catholic faith, we bind ourselves to the sacred formulas of our religion, through a formula oath of subscription, promulgated in the 1662 A.D. Act of Uniformity: http://forums.anglican.net/pages/orthodoxy/#oath-of-subscription

Should you choose to subscribe to Anglican orthodoxy, copy and paste the above oath in your post, with your username placed where specified. The Anglican badge shall then be applied to your account.

2. highchurchman

highchurchman Well-Known Member Anglican

Britain
    Religion:
    Anglican/Catholic
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Highchurchman, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  3. Anne

Anne Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Anne, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

4. Classical Anglican

Classical Anglican Active Member Anglican

U.K.
    Religion:
    Church of England

I, Classical Anglican, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Toma and Lowly Layman like this.
  5. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)

I, Anglican74, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

6. brndurham

brndurham New Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, brndurham, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

7. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I, Lowly Layman, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Toma and Classical Anglican like this.
  8. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Stalwart, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

9. Cranmer's Crosier

Cranmer's Crosier Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Cranmer's Crosier, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled,The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

10. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Toma, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  11. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Happy Anglican

I, Mark, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Anne and Lowly Layman like this.
  12. Reader

Reader New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Christian

I, Reader, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  13. Andy

Andy Member Anglican

I, Andy, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled,The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

14. Swordswoman

Swordswoman New Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican

I, Christine Swords, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  15. Jenkins

Jenkins New Member Anglican

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglicanism

I, Jenkins, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  16. Lowly Layman

Well done! Welcome!

Jenkins likes this.
  17. Jenkins

Jenkins New Member Anglican

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglicanism
    Thanks, Lowly Layman, it's good to be here.

18. CWJ

CWJ Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    That is so awesome...and pushes me yet further towards the Anglican church.
    When the time comes for me to officially make the "leap", I will certainly give my consent.
    But as of this moment it would be presumptuous of me, seeing as I am not yet an official member of an Anglican parish.

Nevertheless, I do agree with the beliefs of all of the above.
    And may God bless all of you faithful Anglicans.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  19. Lowly Layman

Welcome to the forums CWJ! May God richly bless your time here. If I may be so bold as to offer a thought in response to your post above...freely given and may be just as freely ignored if it does not help...you don't need to have Anglican membership to have the
    Anglican faith, which I hope you will find is nothing more or less than the Catholic faith as revealed in the scriptures; nurtured by the creeds, counsels, and early church fathers; and reformed by the Articles and the Prayer book...don't let technicalities block you from where your principles would lead you.

God bless!

Andy, Aidan and CWJ like this.
  20. CWJ

CWJ Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Thanks again for helping me to feel welcome here...and giving me something to think about. I appreciate it greatly my friend.
    Yeah, I do indeed feel connected to the Anglican faith, "drawn" to it even, especially the more I read and study the various divines. I'll be attending one of the local churches next Sunday. Fortunately there are a few within a reasonable driving distance: TEC, ACNA and ACC.