CofE backs women bishops.

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by 7sacraments, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Elizabethan Churchman

Elizabethan Churchman Active Member

United States of America
    Religion:
    Anglican Newbie
    For right now, I think protection for the minority opposition is what should be maintained. I'll admit, though, that I would only see it as a temporary truce until that minority is back in a position to reimpose the Scriptural standard.

Rev2104 likes this.
  2. Pog

Pog Member

John:
    How have I led you to believe that I think otherwise?

However, surely you must acknowledge that our theological opponents would concur with your above comment, 'We exist on Revelation, Scripture and the Councils' and yet arrive at a different conclusion than you?

I agree with you, that women have no liturgical position to play, but ours is a minority position. I can realise that, and also believe that maintaining the unity is vital. It is better to have safeguards and try to win out through the superior witness of sound scriptural argument than cause schism, imho.

3. Elizabethan Churchman

United States of America
    Religion:
    Anglican Newbie
  4. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican

I think the definition of a liberal, if you look up "liberal (religion)" in the Oxford English dictionary, will be: Liberal (adj.): synonymous with immoral. Dishonest. Heretic. These people have a vile unscriptural, anti-Christian hatred of our lord, our religion, our church, and all of our beliefs.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    Fr. Bill likes this.
  5. Elizabethan Churchman

United States of America
    Religion:
    Anglican Newbie
    I couldn't agree with you more. It's why I try to be as reactionary as I can. That was only half-sarcastic.

Edit: Every time a liberal yells for tolerance or equality, it's a trap. Look at homosexual marriage: Ten years ago, they were saying it would not affect us Christians or our Churches at all. Now, if we don't bake their wedding cakes, take their pictures, and adopt out children to them, we are fined or driven from business.