Transgender Episcopal Priest...need I say more?

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Lowly Layman, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

2. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    C'mon, are you serious??

Peteprint and Lowly Layman like this.
  3. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    This is truly sad.

Spherelink and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    Ughhhhhh, let's change the topic, talk about something else. These monstrous people are doing everything they can to drive Christianity out.

5. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    This is abysmal...

Lowly Layman likes this.
  6. Perceval

Perceval New Member

Alabama
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    There is an extreme minority of people who are born with some chromosomal malady that causes legitimate gender problems, but I cannot believe the number is so high to merit the transsexual ascendancy we're seeing in the US today, with a confused person on the cover of TIME magazine. I suppose the Episcopal church is doubling down on being accepting and liberal, but surely there's a breaking point. We can't just keep declaring that fair is foul and foul is fair..

Lowly Layman likes this.
  7. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    The real culprit here is the idea of developmental theology, or the idea that our understanding of certain core doctrines can change. I have been reading The Panther and the Hind by Aidan Nichols, and the last two chapters are on "Modernism," and "Theological Radicalism." When the first bishop or priest publicly denied the Resurrection or the Virgin Birth he should have been excommunicated. Period.

Allowing everyone to believe whatever they want makes the existence of the Church meaningless. If some individuals cannot in good conscience accept the Creeds, then they should desist from calling themselves Christians and find something else that they do believe in. Either that, or the particular church in question can formally state that no beliefs are required to be a member.

Spherelink likes this.
  8. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    This is where most of the troubles sprang from.

9. Ogygopsis

Ogygopsis Active Member

There is no transgender ascendency. There are a small number of people with these issues.

10. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    Three cheers for that priest...at least he's been true and honest and living his faith AND showing what real faith and honesty is.

We need more people like that priest.

Gordon likes this.
  11. Lowly Layman

Sadly and with all due respect to your scruples on this point 7S, I believe we do have more people like that priest. TEC has embraced every sexual deviance and lincentiousness and said its a lifestyle choice, not a sin. Holy Orders is lifestyle as well, one that is mutually exclusive of the former choice. Holy Scripture rrquires his ministers of Word and Sacrament to lead lives of holiness and obedience to the commands of God, no facet is exempt. If one leads a notoriously sinful life, our formularies state he shouldn't even recieve the sacrament, let alone administer it. Christ spoke about this indirectly, and called it the blind leading the blind. Guess where those guides (and those who follow them) end up.

12. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    What is sexual deviance?

Are you God or that person you exclude with that judgement?

The blind lead the blind everywhere in the Church, we are just as blind as those you wish to cut off for not meeting your own definitions of what consists of a proper Christian.

Also Anglican sensibilities are based off of Scripture,Tradtion and Reason. Reactions like this seem to jump to Scripture without analysis of said Scripture, jumping to Tradition when our Tradition has been formed and reform continously,unless you don't think the Oxford Movement was somehow a a change in traditon of the day?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Gordon likes this.
  13. Rev2104

Rev2104 Active Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    Wow
    I honestly can believe this is the Christian Church today. This is why it is fading away.

14. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    It's fading away cause young people are either not engaged or made to think that reason and Biblical faith are not able to coexist.

I'm a rather young man in the sense that my parish's general age is 70. I'm half that age.

I find it rather funny that the general response of "traditionalists" is to say the Church is fading away without looking at actual facts then suppositions of theological matters.

Gordon likes this.
  15. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    @7sacraments, I also think its fading since the Church is not a faithful witness to the supernatural truths of our Lord and Savior.

Whereas St Paul would vomit at a sight of a transgender "priest," the mainline church has no problem with blurring genders or attacking the nature and order of God's making.

16. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    I honestly believe St Paul would have been too much of a Christian filled with love of God and his Church to even give it a second thought.

7sacraments likes this.
  17. Lowly Layman

sexual deviance in a literal sense is a deviation from a sexual norm or standard. For christians, the standard is clear: "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

From this, we learn that God created humanity male or female, not both and something in addition to. From this also we learn that moral human sexuality is limited to one man, one woman, in the lifelong bond of marriage. Anything else is a deviation from God's best.

I weep that our church has lost sense of that truth. I do not judge or condemn the lady priest and it is not within my power to exclude her. Instead I pray for Ms Partridge and the 7 other open "transclerics" in the TEC and for the church they serve, that God would show them that they do not have to pretend to be the other sex in order to be fulfilled and at peace with themselves. Scripture, tradition, and reason echoes over and over. we, as Christians, are to flee sexual immorality, not embrace it.

18. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    From what I read in his Epistles he was quite condemnful of "fornicators," the deviants, and those who were "with another man as with a woman." Are you sure you are talking about the same St Paul that I am?

19. 7sacraments

7sacraments Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Liberal Anglo-Catholic
    do you still believe then that the universe is only 4 to 6000 years old? Do you believe then that evolution, which Genesis explains albeit in a more mythical way to the Isrealites is somehow fraudulent? That the Big Bang is an myth but god simply switched on the light and yes yes it's good?

If so then you are clearly missing reason, which again in the anglican tradition IS a halmark of our uniqueness.

And if so, then I guess you also sell women into slavery, or keep slaves cause the bible also doesn't condemn that either.

THIS is exactly the problem when "traditionalists" look at things. Rather then a response to ongoing revelation from God that, not casting out Scripture puts it in a different context and makes it required to look at and respond to that context differently.

Deviation is NOT just limited to sexuallity...all mankind is born unto sin, BUT we are also delivered from that sin by he who died on Calvery's Hill. Also Our Lord didn't run away from sinners...he embraced them and led them to His table. So you mean to tell me, that some how we shouldn't do then same....cause this group of people doesn't fit your idea of what a believer should be?

20. Spherelink

Spherelink Active Member

Religion:
    Unhinged SC Anglican
    We are not delivered if we do not repent. Did this person repent of his wicked sins?

No, as I remember he whipped them, and said they'd burn in the everlasting fire. Are you sure you were reading the Bible?

I hate to break it to you but the revelation from God is the Scriptures. Surely you've heard of them? And in them those who engage in wicked and evil actions you describe, are called wicked fornicators and condemned to hell. Ongoing revelation has never been an anglican doctrine... are you sure you're in the right church? Maybe pentcostals, or roman catholics...

Lowly Layman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.