Hello

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Lorrie S, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    Hi everyone,

I am here still confused about what is happening to me. I am in the process of leaving the Catholic Church. It's been an agonizing decision but when I look at it honestly, it's almost funny that I'm surprised. I have a long story that I will share a little at a time but I am 50, work as a mental health social worker for a county mental health agency in Michigan and I ask for your prayers.

I will be reading and getting more information as I begin going to a nearby church and praying for God to give me strength and wisdom.

Happy New Year,

Lorrie

2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

welcome aboard and god bless! will be praying for you...

3. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    Thank you. I really appreciate your kindness.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Member

Perfidious Albion
    Religion:
    Uncertain
    A pleasure to make your acquaintance, I hope your time here will prove to be a happy one.

5. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    I doubt that, I'm already getting hacked up. I find it wearisome.

6. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Lorrie S, you might find a less stressful environment at Ship of Fools:

http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

The forums there have fairly strict moderation, since the board is fairly old and established and so has many volunteer moderators. Debates about homosexuality, ordination of women, and other un-solvables are required to be posted only in a forum called "Dead Horses." I post there at the Ship (as it's called), sometimes.

I hope we'll keep seeing you here, whether or not you decide to join the discussions there.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    Thanks the name intrigues me, I will give that a try. Thanks for the help as I really had no idea what the site is about.

Richter Belmont likes this.
  8. Richter Belmont

Richter Belmont New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I would also recommend the Anglican subforum (called Scripture, Tradition, and Reason) at Christian Forums. CF is full of all types, but the Anglican page there is very diverse. It's considered a "safe place" for all Anglicans of all persuasions. I think you'd like it.

9. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    Thank you that is very kind of you.

10. Lorrie S

Lorrie S Member

USA
    Religion:
    None
    I'm getting pretty shredded and, as usual, it's my fault for being a ratty liberal. It's pretty bad when even the moderator has to take some (not all) of the insults hurled at me off this page. I've been ripped apart just last week by my own so really I have nowhere to go. Thanks so much, it's nice to know that someone is caring of a person whose really hurting. I won't be on here anymore--it's just too much. Thank you and God bless you.

11. Ogygopsis

Ogygopsis Active Member

Lorrie, I am sorry to have missed you. The forum is populated in my brief time with people who often to seem to like ideas more than people. If you read this, I hope you will stay. I am Canadian, which brands me as suspect immediately. I am far too take with Jesus' ministry to accept that he would approve of the intense focus on ideas before people.