Greetings from Texas

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Paddry, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Paddry

Paddry New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic/ACNA
    Greetings brothers and sisters. I would like to introduce myself to the forum. I'm John and I live in Texas. I began attending an Anglican Church during Lent of this year. I'm trying to learn about the Church and can already tell that this forum is a terrific resource; full of wisdom and knowledge. I lurked all weekend and have barely scratched the surface of the contents of this community. I look forward to becoming acquainted with you all. Peace be with you.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

welcome John and God bless! what type of anglican church do you attend? TEC? ACNA? AMIA? APA?
    I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Paddry likes this.
  3. Paddry

Paddry New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic/ACNA
    Thank you LL. My parish is ACNA. I assume from what I'm reading here that we would be considered High Church or Anglo Catholic? But, like I mentioned above, I've only been attending since Lent of this year. I guess I should ask the Rector. LOL.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

please tell us your experience with the ACNA. qhhat are its strengths? And what were you prior to coming to your current church

5. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Welcome Paddry! I am one of two regular Orthodox visitors to the site. I find Anglicanism fascinating and I am just finishing my third book on the subject.

6. Paddry

Paddry New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic/ACNA
    LL: I was raised Southern Baptist; at the church house every time the doors were unlocked. I would consider my home church to be moderate. We were taught to love the holy scriptures and each other. We were taught the importance of mission work and sharing the Good News with others. But the one thing I felt I was missing was worship. I always felt that we sang songs and listened to preaching, but didn't truly worship God. After about a ten year break from organized religion I began to get motivated to attend Church again. I remembered being very impressed with worship when I visited an Episcopal Church once with a friend in college. I decided, what the heck, I'll just go there and check it out. And I love it and have been going regularly for about eight months now.

Pete: Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to learning all I can about Anglicanism.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  7. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    If you don't mind saying, what part of Texas do you live in? (The name of a large town within about 100 miles--if there is one--is precise enough for me. By way of example, if you lived in the Northeast, in New York City, saying that your were "near Hartford, Connecticut" or "near Trenton, New Jersey" would be close enough.)

8. Dave

Dave Active Member

Texas
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Greetings Paddry from a fellow Texan!
    I live in the burbs north of Dallas.