Good News from Wales

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by seagull, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Member

Perfidious Albion
    Religion:
    Uncertain
    Forgive me, I hit the enter button too soon. It is now edited.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Cross & Crook

Cross & Crook New Member

Religion:
    Dutch Reformed
    What a strange topic...

It looks like it is very easy for your mental health when you do not worry about this Apostolic Succession thing. When every Christian is believed to be able to give thanks & praise by reception, no one is scared for "invalid" Eucharists celebrated by "invalid" clergy. Faith of the People of God provides. All this problem with the sex of the celebrator or president is simply vanished, in that case.

We are justified by grace of God through the faith in the Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ. If we sin by a false communion from a woman who is not really a presbyter or bishop (which seems to be what the conservatives are worried about), we have this advocate with the Father anyway, who will forgive us because we are In Him by faith and baptism. We will not be damned if a woman's Eucharist is not real, I think? :)

3. seagull

seagull Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I note that you are allowed to say "sad" but for me to talk about "Good News from Ireland" appears to break House Rules. So I will tell you without comment that another Church in the Porvoo Communion (which includes the Church of England), the Church of Sweden, has just elected its first female Archbishop. The Church of Norway already has one.

4. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Scandinavian Lutheran churches are a joke, unfortunately. They've engaged in a whole slew of heresies in the last 40 years and it's no wonder something like 5-7% of the people even adhere to them now. It's similar to France in that sense I suppose.

5. seagull

seagull Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Let me in on the joke, please. Although church attendance in Sweden is low and declining, 67.5% of Swedes are baptised members of the Church of Sweden (nearly 6.5 m) and 17% of Swedes consider religion to be an important part of their every day life. When I attended a Church of Sweden service, it was vibrant and happy. Please God, the election of a woman Archbishop will strengthen the Church, in the way that women priests have the CofE.

If you read certain parts of the UK media you might think that the CofE was a joke, dying on its feet, etc. Such humour is largely confined to people who never go to an Anglican service.

6. Celtic1

Celtic1 Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Celtic Christian
    Women's ordination is not a liberal-conservative issue. I've had this same argument on fundie Baptist forums.