Trying to find a conservative parish nearby. Any suggestions welcome

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Brian Combs, Aug 29, 2013.

1. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian

I know nothing about the economic health of the ELCA, but I have a close business association with the UCC. If you think TEC can have any economic relief from the UCC, I believe you are sorely mistaken. However bad TEC's economic situation may be, I suspect the UCC's is multiple times worse.

Here in the conservative midwest, the UCC has lost significant numbers of churches over the national body's stance on issues surrounding homosexuality. I believe their loss of churches in this area far exceeds any flight of Episcopal churches. Like many churches they have an aging demographic with declining membership. Fewer churches. Fewer members. Less money. Many churches cannot even afford a full time pastor anymore. Perhaps we might save some money by sharing a copier or something, but short of that it's a wrong place to look for economic relief.

2. Jeff F

Jeff F Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Conservative Believer
    Friend, I never claimed ELCA or the UCC was a cash cow, but rather similar liberal denominations suffering the financial impact of their theological conclusions, and the three are looking at huddling the storm together.

Jeff

3. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I suppose it would be too optimistic of me to think these are first steps to the church becoming one? :think: