Hello there...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by feverforever, May 21, 2013.

1. feverforever

feverforever New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Yet to find a parish...
    Hello there,
    My name is Carmen and I'm a 'seeker'. I am very interested in Anglicanism and I have found a church recently. I'm a transsexual woman, but it was easy to find an accepting church (in fact, the first church I found welcomed me). I've never been to a service yet, but I have listened to some sermons.

I have a question, though:
    How do you become an Anglican? Is it like the Catholic Church where you have a programme like RCIA or something different?

Thank you everyone. :)

Old Christendom likes this.
  2. luke

luke Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Welcome Carmen , i hope you do find what your looking for in Anglicanism.

How to become Anglican , that depends on what you have done.

The First step is to start attending worship and start learning what defines Anglicnaism as a Faith, then once your ready you will need to be Baptised, if you were done as a child under another church the Priest will decide if it is accept it as Valid Baptism( i was baptised Roman Catholic as a child so i did not need to redo my Baptism).
    Then you can ask to be Confirmed in the faith ( i know of many who don't ever bother getting confirmed and still call them selves Anglicans, this is fine for some , i however wanted to make a promise to the church as a Adult so i sat through the confirmation class with all the Kids).

To me, you can call your self a Anglican as soon as you start attending the church and know a little something about what your faith states , others may disagree :)

Anyway , welcome to the forums :)

feverforever likes this.
  3. BrethrenBoy

BrethrenBoy Member

The United States
    Religion:
    Anabaptist
    Welcome!

4. Gordon

Gordon Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Franciscan - Anglican
    Welcome Carmen - Luke pretty much said all you really need to know up front.

5. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Welcome and blessings!

6. luke

luke Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Christian
    Wow, i wish i had taken some time to re-read my post before pressing the reply button, i guess that's what happens when you jump online before rushing off to work , i hope it made enough sense to you :)

7. feverforever

feverforever New Member

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Yet to find a parish...
    Thank you. I will be doing the confirmation classes if I choose to be Anglican - I think will, since I believe all of it.