Mar Thoma Church

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Robert, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (Anglo-Catholic)
    Is anyone familiar with this Church? It is in communion with the Anglican Communion. I saw some one post a link of their liturgy in English on FB and I watched it. I have to say that I thought it was very beautiful. If anyone is interested I can post the link or you can find it on youtube.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  2. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I would enjoy seeing it Robert, if you would post the link. Many thanks!

3. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Lowly Layman likes this.
  4. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    Let me know what you think of it after you are done watching it. I have to say that for me as a former Orthodox it was very nice to see. It had an Eastern feel but was reformed as well and so now I have come to realize in a concrete way that they are not mutually exclusive.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  5. Dave

Dave Active Member

Texas
    Religion:
    Anglican
    You are former Orthodox? Did you convert for marriage reasons or other? It seems like I usually hear of folks converting to not from orthodoxy.

Lowly Layman likes this.
  6. Robert

Robert Active Member

USA
    Religion:
    No, it was just a happy circumstance that we ended up in the Anglican Communion. We couldn't find an Orthodox parish that we felt comfortable in so we decided to see what other options there were. We attended a RC parish for 4 months to feel it out and we liked it though we had our reservations. We decided not to settle right away and then we attended an Episcopal Church and we loved it and haven't left since. I have no problems or anything bad to say with the Orthodox Church. It was a wonderful spiritual home for me but this is where we feel God has ed us at this time.

Lowly Layman likes this.