Usage Guide, and Privacy
Tips on site usability and privacy.
General Usage Tips
- Strive to format your posts clearly and use the BBcodes correctly. Badly formatted posts can be difficult to understand. Feel free to ask for help in the Technical Support section.
- When starting a thread, avoid non-specific titles such as "See This." or "What Do You Think?"
- Before you start a new discussion:
- Check existing threads to avoid duplicates. Use the Search function if need be.
- Adhere to the sub-forum's special rules at the top, if present.
- Keep your fellow members in mind:
- Avoid posting jarring subjects or photos, unless a thread asks for it.
- Remain on topic, and focus each thread on its body of discussion which can be followed later on.
- Refrain from personal conflict:
- If somebody is getting a rise out of you, it is better to not respond in kind and curtail the hostility.
- If a member creates a hostile environment, report them instead of enduring in private.
- Refrain from using your full name as a Username to forestall privacy concerns.
- Avoid divulging personal information in the general-purpose areas.
- Keep your password secure (12+ characters) and do not use on other sites.
- Your privacy is taken very seriously. The password is encrypted with bcrypt() and other security measures, the highest security among Christian communities on the Internet.
- Your password isn't accessible to the moderators, and you will never be asked to divulge it.