The Keepers

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Lowly Layman, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Just finished the Netflix docu-series "The Keepers", which revealed the disturbing and shocking story of Roman Catholic priest Joe Maskell, who allegedly raped up to 100 young girls at Baltimore's Archbishop Keough Catholic School and possibly murdered a young nun in just a 6 year period. I am spiritually wrecked and heartbroken by how the priest mixed religion into the sexual abuse. Did anyone else watch? If so, what were your take-aways?

2. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I think you set yourself up with that, bro. These people make it their purpose to subvert Christians and deconstruct our world. Failed and wicked clergy are an obvious tool in their toolbox.

Just take a look at every single major Christian-themed film in recent years. I watched these and every single time my faith quavered; I've had to take time off to reconstitute myself.

"The Silence", with Liam Neeson. A beautifully produced historic drama, right? Well it's about how the noble and orthodox Jesuits set out to missionize Japan, and in the end to discover how empty and made-up their faith and their messiah is. Right? The end of the movie has them trampling on the image of Jesus as they're being tortured, and with tears streaming down their face. Come on.

Or what about "Doubt" with Philip Seymour Hoffman and and Meryl Streep. A-list actors, right, a decent respectable film performance, right? Well the whole film takes place around a Roman Catholic priest (obviously), who has a wholesome and positive reputation, until someone suspects that he might be buggering kids in the back. But the film doesn't provide any conclusive evidence for it, you just suspect along with the film. And you spend the whole movie having more and more doubt about this wholesome priest who could actually be a monster at nights; and maybe everyone like him around the world too, eh?

So what are you doing watching a Netflix documentary about a Roman Catholic theme (again)? Netflix and HBO and the rest of these so-called film-makers literally make shows celebrating and cheering transgender themes, teenage boy-boy hookups (Netflix). HBO recently made a show about pubescent teens in high school engaging in orgies. You should even cancel your account, and shift your money to Pureflix or to purchasing wholesome classic films, and building up a virtue- and Christ-centered DVD library for your family instead of supporting this filth. That's what I'm working on as well.

3. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

You've lost me on this.