KJV ebook with Apocrypha combined and the "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" on Googleplay?

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by DarthJupiter, Sep 19, 2018.

1. DarthJupiter

DarthJupiter New Member

As a Catholic who's always had plenty of exposure to KJV due to having Protestant family on my maternal side.... I am looking for an ebook that compiles the traditional KJV with Apocrypha, not just that but the specific KJV editions that translates one verse as:

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.-Exodus 22:18

I primarily use Googleplay Books so if possible if I can find this type of edition on the Google Store? Kindle and other stores will do if nothing exists but I'd prefer the Google store since I already use that for all my ebooks purchases and I will be reading the Bible a lot for the next few months so I want a convenient access I can find on my phone.

Does such a Bible Edition exist as Ebook (preferably on Googleplay)? I specifically want the "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" translation because I grew up with it and it brings so many fond memories lol! In addition my maternal family side esp my mom traditionally used that verse to start their argument why rootworking and other practises they did as traditional Southerners is NOT witchcraft so I need it for debates XD.

Does anyone know if Gooogleplay offers such a version of KJV with the Witch verse combined with the complete Apocrypha that the Roman church typically uses?

2. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Will_ likes this.
  3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I've been looking for this... really cool that they include the Apocrypha here!

Lol that's classic

Does anyone know where to find the Bishops Bible as well? This was the most influential edition of the Bible published by Archbishop Parker, but because it was superseded by the KJV I am having a hard time finding the text for it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishops'_Bible

4. Leacock

Leacock New Member

Religion:
    Anglican
    I'm pretty sure it can be found online from this website if you subscribe to their newsletter: https://www.greatsite.com/

They also sell a facsimile that I cannot afford but I'm sure is quite nice.

5. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
    I just got an ESV with the apocrypha.

6. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    I got one but sold it online since it's just the NRSV apocrypha tacked on the end. That's a great translation of the apocrypha, but I prefer The New Oxford Annotated Apocrypha which uses the NRSV and is accompanied by plenty of notes and commentary that help one to understand these often misunderstood books, as I have mentioned before.

JoeLaughon likes this.