ACNA Publishes a Liturgy

Discussion in 'Liturgy, and Book of Common Prayer' started by Lowly Layman, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I recently posted a link to the ACNA's new catechism. They have also published a new liturgy called Texts for Common Prayer. It can be read here:
    http://anglicanchurch.net/?/main/texts_for_common_prayer#downloads

It is closely aligned with the 1928 BCP but has been modernized. I find it quite refreshingly traditional and beautiful. I think the decision to include the filioque in brackets with a discussion at the end is another example of being comprehensive and inclusive while sticking to the traditional Anglican heritage.

Any thoughts?

PS: I might incorporate the Morning and Evening Prayer text into my daily regimen.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Scottish Monk

Scottish Monk Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    Is this the awaited ACNA Prayer Book? I attended an ACNA parish two years ago and found the absence of a liturgy and catechism too confusing and too fluid. The parish was a mission parish of a larger parish. We never knew who was going to be our clergy on any given Sunday. Maybe now, things are beginning to stabilize.

3. PointyHairedCalvinist

PointyHairedCalvinist New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Presbyterian (PCA)
    My understanding is this is the beginning of the ACNA Prayer Book. Looks promising to this Prayerbook Presbyterian thus far.