Genesis

Discussion in 'Sacred Scripture' started by Rev2104, Jul 14, 2014.

1. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Interesting thread. I heard a professor speak of the 6 days of creation a while back. He believed it was possible to fit billions of years into 6 days. The concept was like this: two people are playing catch,1 only pitching, the other only catching. The one pitching throws a ball every one minute. the other is steadily running backwards. More and more distance grows between pitcher and catcher. Balls are still coming every minute but it's taking longer and longer time to get to the catcher. Give it long enough it will take hours, days,months, years, etc. "Days" to God could be billions of years to us( He is outside of created time anyway)It has to do with the point of perception. Also I belief "boker"(morning)and "erev"(evening) in hebrew can also be translated order and chaos. That would mean periods of relative stillness and turmoil in the 6 days of creation not necessarily different times in a 24 hour day.

Christina likes this.
  2. alphaomega

alphaomega Active Member

usa
    Religion:
    Anglican
    On evolution, from my understanding, there are no proveable missing links. Usually that are passed upon something as simple as a tooth or scratches on a rock, later to be discredited with little or no media coverage. Fossil dating usually has to do with the layer of rock/earth they are found in. The deeper/lower the layer, the older the fossil. The trouble with that is there have been found tree fossils going through multiple layers of rock. That would make that tree millions of years old. Many, many similar examples. Carbon 14 dating showing living creatures to be millions of years old. Every cell has information(DNA)to direct it in the way it grows, develops. Like a computer has programs, they had to be installed by someone, the computer didn't install them by itself. Same with a cell, there had to be an original programmer. Some creatures defy evolution like giraffes, bombadier beetles, etc. Their present form had to be precise from the start. They could not exist if evolution had to form them. I personally believe God made every life form in the way it appears now, except for variations in creatures in the same genus and species. This is a natural result of breeding. One species does not "evolve"into another species.

Christina likes this.