Classical Anglican works

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by JonahAF, May 25, 2013.

1. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
  2. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Eclectic

3. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Eclectic
    Thank you for your labors. I would like to be able to read Bunnius’ treatise ‘Of Divorce For Adultery’ on my iPhone Kindle app, where (I’m hoping) I can enlarge the font. I have tried several times to convert from a pdf without success. Is a Kindle-compatible format available?

4. JonahAF

JonahAF Moderator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Downloading our works as PDFs is actually one of the big features planned for this year. We made a survey of it on Twitter and Facebook, with the ability to download being voted as the most desired feature. We will be working on that soon!

5. JonahAF

As posted on our Facebook and Twitter, here are some of the works coming soon:

new.jpg

Invictus likes this.
  6. JonahAF

“Bishop Jewel maintained in the University several young Students, allowing them yearly Pensions, and amongst them the famous Mr. Richard Hooker, whose Parents being Poor must have been become Apprentice to a Trade, but for the Bounty of this good Bishop. In the last year of the Bishop’s Life, Mr. Hooker making his Patron a visit at his Palace, the good Bishop made him dine at his own Table with him. Afterwards when parting with him, gave him good Counsel and his Blessing. Then he told him, I sent for you Richard, to lend you a Horse which hath carried me many a mile. And presently delivered into his hand a walking-staff, with which he professed he had travelled many parts of Germany. Then he gave him some money, and added, here is some more money; deliver it to your Mother, and tell her that I send her a Bishop’s Blessing with it
    — Adapted from: The Life of the Right Reverend Father in God, Dr. John Jewel, Lord Bishop of Salisbury (1685)
    https://www.anglican.net/works/life-of-john-jewel-1685/

jewel.png

Jim Melcher and Invictus like this.
  7. CalvinAndCranmer

CalvinAndCranmer New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Reformed Episcopal Church
    let us chain Jewel's work to a pew in our churches again! It is a reformational treasure! I absorbed it so quickly and scrumptiously that I had to do it again a week later lol!

Othniel and Rexlion like this.