Reach to Muslims

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by Incense, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Incense

Incense Active Member

I was reading in my Bible and i reached where Jesus was feeding the 5000 crowd and I stopped and it did not startle me like it should but it was stuck in my mind as if put on hold all the time.
    The next day I discover (in a funny way I will not share in public) something that was so very interesting! In the Qoran there is a chapter called Chapter of the Table and it goes:
    [And remember] when the disciples said, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, can your Lord send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven? [Jesus] said," Fear Allah , if you should be believers."
    They said, "We wish to eat from it and let our hearts be reassured and know that you have been truthful to us and be among its witnesses."Said Jesus, the son of Mary, "O Allah , our Lord, send down to us a table [spread with food] from the heaven to be for us a festival for the first of us and the last of us and a sign from You. And provide for us, and You are the best of providers."
    Allah said, "Indeed, I will sent it down to you, but whoever disbelieves afterwards from among you - then indeed will I punish him with a punishment by which I have not punished anyone among the worlds."

Something in my heart was so so moved! A sort of assurance that the Lord is true, but more an assurance that even if no other Christian was able to reach the mulims, in their book, the truth will shine and they will know Jesus and if they seek Him from all their hearts, or seek the truth really, it will be revealed. He will make them wonder about the prophet...
    It reminded me of the verse that one day we will need no more preaching because we will know the truth... That one day we will not need witness or anything and one day only the love we loved will remain...It made me realize how silly it is to waste time in practicalities and forget the core of our faith... And I decided to pray even more than before for truth to reach the hearts! It is not impossible, it is not even hard!

I am not sure where this thread should belong but I thought it is most probably under this section.

2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Great thread, Incense. It's unfortunate that Muslims take the Arian/Unitarian position of Jesus being just a mortal man, which I fear limits how much their own Koran, let alone the Scriptures, can reach out to them (unless they let go of their belief system, that is).

MatthewOlson and Incense like this.
  3. Toma

Toma Well-Known Member Anglican

Canada
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We absolutely must convince ourselves to pray more strongly for Muslims, given that our Lord is present in their religion (even if it is only in false stories). They are certainly minimalist-Arian Christians - simply a heresy, not necessarily an apostasy. What a shame that they do not confess Him Lord and God. This is where grace, and the prayers, come in.

Given that the Koran says we can be saved by alms, pilgrimages, and fasting, there's a lot they'd need to learn from the Cross & St. Paul. :)

Scottish Monk likes this.
  4. Incense

Incense Active Member

That is what I kind of meant, that even though their Koran is limited, no one who seeks the truth from all their heart will not find it ... I am sure of those who read the Koran have an eager heart to hear the Truth.

Indeed!

5. mark1

mark1 Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I certainly agree.

I would think that most Christian clergy and local church leaders disagree.

Incense likes this.
  6. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    Actually it was very interesting reading a biography (I think it was the torn veil) where a muslim girl hears about Jesus and wants to know more and she opens her Koran and reads about how Jesus did many miracles in it, and eventually she feels drawn after a time rereading these koranic passages to read the Bible. Really amazing how God used things in their own religion to draw them. This really shows your point I think Incense