Blaming God for every bad thing that happens

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Laine, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Fergus

Fergus New Member

Ulster
    Religion:
    Nomadic Presbyterian
    God gives us all crosses to carry, and in the strength to prevail, become an example of authority on such tests that others can know hope.

There will always be those who will have less authority over suffering, yes, but what hope can they give? Perhaps they would be cursing God far worse than you have. Christ set the highest authority from suffering that all mortals would most certainly curse God over. He instead chose to love, than to spite.

Like the story of Job, God permits these tests, because he knows we can pass them. Even Job wouldn't admit he wanted to curse God, until his wife called him out.

God has set upon you a purpose with what you have suffered. Your faith is still of great value!

Most of us scrabble to have company, in fear of lonliness, yet don't consider what an opportunity to hear God, to be away from the dependency of constant company. Such fear, instead of fear of the Lord made me make foolish relationships with people, and caused me to sin greatly.

I only began to truly hear God, once I sacrificed my giant fear of loneliness.

I hope any of this is some help.
    Lots of love.

Laine and Br. Thomas like this.
  2. Laine

Laine Member

That was just lovely, Fergus. THANK YOU. I agree with the solitude factor but am getting quite tired of it. The isolation from COVID gave me a good excuse for awhile to hide, but I'm getting really tired of it. I did not plan to live like this, having very sociable jobs (forced into early retirement when my father passed and my mother's health crashed), nor did I expect having all my family's burdens piled on my small shoulders, but it happened. Everything that happens gets blown out of proportion and most days I can't cope.

I have found, however, some very helpful audio books that are available free via Audible Plus if anyone subscribes to Audible: 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper and especially, Hearing God by Dallas Willard (the latter covering some of the topics you mentioned above). I'm on my third listen to Hearing God because it is SO full of incredible information and advice. I think I will buy the physical book or Kindle edition to better absorb it all. I highly recommend both if anyone is sharing my feelings of being at the end of your rope or frustrated by life.

Again, I thank one and all from the bottom of my heart for the advice and encouragement. ♥️

Fergus likes this.
  3. Laine

Laine Member

I'll try that. Thank you. (Getting a bit tired of the Job references! )

4. Fergus

Fergus New Member

Ulster
    Religion:
    Nomadic Presbyterian

I'm relieved to hear that you are relieved!

As for the loneliness directly, I don't think God wants us to be this way. We are social creatures. We just frequently value quantity over quality.
    This is where fellowship should come in. The more I found myself to speak to the variety of friends that are non-believers, I couldn't escape the exhaustion of how erratic and faux their outlook was, as much I didn't want to see this.

I think that you've come to this forum for friendship is definitely a positive path, and you will benefit from befriending others in faith, however, fellowship is what we're called to share. Friendship can be things you share in common, but fellowship is intimate prayers shared. I know plenty of people that go to church each week, but never have an ounce of fellowship.

Whilst one should thirst for it, one should also aim to be a trusted person to share fellowship with. I think with the latter, the weight of the former won't seem so much. There's so much help you could give people with your story. You don't know what strength God sees in you.

God bless.