Credo-baptism?

Discussion in 'Questions?' started by Rexlion, Jan 27, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The Biblical Doctrine of Infant Baptism , paperback $28.80, no didital version
    While looking I found
    100 Bible Verses about Infant Baptism
    There is a lot of repetition but not one unequivocally mentions infant baptism; which I think is telling.
    The closest is things like "and he was baptized at once, he and all his family." I'm not sure about the Greek but it could mean only the adult members of the family.

Rexlion likes this.
  2. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    With a bit of error and human corruption in it?

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    And worth every cent of that.
    The Covenant is God's 'secret'. Hardly surprising then that so few actually know of it and what God has promised those who enter into it by God's Grace. Even many who are actually IN IT don't know about it. I suspect God actually actively stops all and sundry from being ABLE to know of it. God works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perform.

The New Covenant is a 'Better Covenant', Heb.8:6, Heb. 12:22-25. Therefore in order to be better it would have to include ALL the spiritual benefits carried over from the Old, PLUS many NEW benefits of considerable value to those who now enter and keep it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  4. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    More hand waving and mumbo-jumbo, to cover for the lack of scriptural support. I understand. When people become entrenched in a belief, it's difficult to change. All I can ask is that people pray about it and ask the Lord to reveal the truth whereever it leads.

5. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    That's not what I believe, but I am often reminded that there certainly are some people who think the "inspiration" from God was no more than causing Paul to think, "Hey, I have an idea; I'm going to write some letters!" :p

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member Typist Anglican

The request to cool down has gone unheeded. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.