Do we have freewill ? is it biblical ?

Discussion in 'Theology and Doctrine' started by arik88, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian

2. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    We have free will but;
    • Often we don't exercise it
    • The choices will often be limited.
    • Choices have consequences
    Example
    Essendon president David Barham said Thorburn was given the option between retaining his position with the AFL club or the church, and he chose the church.

Andrew Thorburn had free will to decide between 2 choices. Those 2 choices had consequences.

3. CRfromQld

CRfromQld Moderator Staff Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    arik88, tldr.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    It might help everyone understand what you are trying to explain if you used the "More Options . . ." button and spell checked your posts before just firing them hastily off one after another. A spelling and English Grammar checker would alert you to passages which other English Language readers will inevitably find distressingly unintelligible.

To be fair though, If I were to attempt to write my reply to you in Mexican Spanish it would probably be even less lucid and coherent than your attempts at English, so please don't assume this reply is pointless and hostile criticism.

5. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    It's okay tiffy, I apoligize for tldr know i'm vivid writter and write too fast will check them again for speling.

6. arik88

arik88 Member

mexico
    Religion:
    adventist
    Know you have freewill and you can choose what you can do the future and present with it.

7. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    :laugh:
    "Not laughing AT you, laughing WITH you? Communicating effectively is even something our Saviour himself struggled with. None of the twelve really understood him, until they received the Holy Spirit after Jesus had gone from them. Understanding comes through the power of The Spirit. That's pre-ordained. :) Communication of God's message of reconciliation is the most difficult task ever entrusted to mankind. You are doing fine! Just try to get better at it.