Hi everyone

Discussion in 'New Members' started by worldcitizen, Nov 9, 2022.

1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Baha’i
    I’m David from Australia. I came across your website and thought I might learn some things from you all. There are many issues in the world today and I don’t know what your religion teaches apart from the basic belief in Jesus and the Bible. So I’m happy to learn. Regards to all

Shane R likes this.
  2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Hi David, come aboard. :signwelcome:

3. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Welcome

4. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Hello, David. :) I don't know how familiar you are with Christianity in general, but as you look into it I think you'll find that the differences between Anglicans and other Christians are mostly minor. A good overview of Anglican belief may be found in the 39 Articles of Religion.

The contrasts between Christianity and other religions are far larger and more significant. The most significant difference lies in our belief that the Almighty Creator of the universe (and Creator of time itself!) loves the human beings He created; He loves them to such a degree, He incarnated and was supernaturally born of a virgin woman; He did this so He could teach us directly, live a perfectly sinless life despite being subject to same type of temptations and trials we all face, freely give up His mortal life (though it felt as precious to Him as ours does to us), and then rise from the dead as a redemptive sacrifice for the remission of our sins and failures. To each individual who accepts His gracious gift by faith, He grants His unmerited favor, He restores to right-standing with Himself, and He counts as a beloved child in His household.

Jesus proved His "bona fides" by his manner of living, by the signs, miracles, and healings He performed, and by His resurrection from the dead (He was subsequently seen alive, complete with nail holes, by over 500 witnesses).

One of the really important things Jesus said was, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). He also said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep" and “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber" (John 10, see verses 1-18). Jesus laid claim to exclusivity: He is the door (or gate, if you will) to all of God's blessings and to all of the good things that matter most, but anyone who tries to reach God's Kingdom by trusting in any other person or means is illegitimate and doomed to failure. This stands in contrast to the claims of “The Báb,” which means (in Arabic) "the Gate". The Apostles would have termed that man a "false Christ". Jesus foresaw and foretold the coming of such people: "And then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘Look, there he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform signs and wonders, to lead astray, if possible, the elect. But be on guard; I have told you all things beforehand" (Mark 13:21-23).

As followers of Jesus the Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One), we are commanded by Him to communicate this message of His to others whenever we can, and I hope you will understand and appreciate that I do so in the spirit of God's love for you and of His desire that you be enabled with this knowledge (of His love and sacrifice for you) to draw near to Him (upon which He will draw near to you). :yes:

Br. Thomas likes this.
  5. Br. Thomas

Br. Thomas Active Member

U.S.A.
    Religion:
    Anglican Catholic
    Welcome from NE Georgia, USA.

6. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Welcome to the Forum, David. :handshake:

7. worldcitizen

worldcitizen New Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Baha’i
    Thank you all for your most kind welcome. Christians are always welcome in my home. Yesterday I had two wonderful Christian friends spend the day with us. We had lunch and a good time and said prayers afterwards.