Anglican Miracles

Discussion in 'Church History' started by Lowly Layman, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

This question was posed to me in a recent conversation with a Roman Catholic.

Are there any documented post-reformation miracles in the Anglican church?

Nothing came to my mind, so I thought I'd put it to my betters here on the Forums.

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    What do you mean by Anglican Miracles

3. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    youngfogey and Lowly Layman like this.
  4. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I think you nailed it with your post on Dorothy Kerin. The gentleman I was talking to pointed out that the RCC investigates and authenticates alleged miracles and wanted to know if the Anglican church had a similar office, or if there were any miracles within the AC, and if there weren't what does that say about Anglicanism since the true Apostolic church in Scripture "confirmed the word with signs that followed." (Mk 16:20). His point being that a church with no miracles is not the True Church.

5. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA

https://www.christianforums.com/threads/eucharistic-miracles-in-the-anglican-church.2527714/
    At the 2017 Synodal Mass held at Corpus Christi Anglican Church in Rogers, Arkansas, Rev. Fr. Jason Rice of the Holy Catholic Church Anglican Rite, a Continuing Anglican denomination, affirmed a Eucharistic miracle in which "an image of a heavenly host appeared directly over the chalice immediately after the words of consecration.

There are also these

Lowly Layman likes this.
  6. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Although I would not discount CS Lewis's wife's healing either. It was done within and by Anglican's. It shows the Holy Spirit is working within the Anglican Church still performing miracles.

Br. Thomas and Lowly Layman like this.