Roe v Wade Overturned!!!

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Carolinian, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Carolinian

Carolinian Active Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
  2. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Thanks be to God!!!!!!!!!

3. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    :news: I don't see God anywhere within miles of this. It's a huge step backward for our country, and will have negative consequences for potentially years to come. It's funny how quickly extremist ideologues can change their mind about the Supreme Court. Now we'll see if they really believe the "states' rights" nonsense, or if the next move is going to be an attempt to ban it at the federal level as well. Whoever thinks the fight over this is over is deluded. There are interesting days ahead of us, no doubt.

Annie Grace likes this.
  4. Bert Gallagher

Bert Gallagher New Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Praise God! Hallelujah!

I hope the next step is a federal ban.

Today is just the beginning. We need to work to build a more robust culture of life that protects babies, supports mothers, and strengthens families for the long haul.

But also, let us not exult over those of our fellow citizens--good people who are sincerely concerned about women's welfare--who see the demise of Roe as a disaster. Malice towards none; charity for all.

5. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I wasn't expecting to receive confirmation that quickly! So, the whole "states' rights" argument was bogus from the start, as I've always contended.

Don't get your hopes up on that federal ban. It's neither likely, nor a desirable outcome.

Annie Grace likes this.
  6. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    This is a great day

Lowly Layman and Bert Gallagher like this.
  7. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    From the Archchancery in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA:

OverturnRoe.jpg

8. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    It’s is about time…

upload_2022-6-24_20-8-50.jpeg

Matthew J Taylor likes this.
  9. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
  10. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Let’s not cause pain to babies!

11. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    No kidding. I’m not aware of any who do… :dunno:

12. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
  13. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    No one was “killing infants” to begin with… :doh:

Annie Grace likes this.
  14. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

I am very happy with Friday's opinion. The Justices showed great wisdom and steely composure under enormous pressures. But there is still much to be done. SCOTUS merely opened a door it had closed 50 years ago. It remains for us to go through that door and make our case. As Churchill said, "this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." That is where I believe we are, an excellent start with the wind at our back...but there are still many miles to go before we can rest. I have no doubt that with God's blessing we will get there, but we must continue the good work set before us.

Let us heed the instruction of King Lemuel in Proverbs 31:8: "Speak up for those who have no voice, for the justice of all who are dispossessed." If we do not stand up for mothers in crisis and defend the right of the unborn to exist, the slaughter of innocents will no doubt continue no matter what the court opinion says.

Nevertheless, for Friday's victory, let us give thanks to the Lord! Screenshot_20220624-231858_Facebook.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Stalwart and Matthew J Taylor like this.
  15. Annie Grace

Annie Grace Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican (Australia)
    I feel very sad for poor American women. Next they will take away rights for contraception and same-sex marriage. Gilead is just a few decades away unless Congress passes federal laws for privacy rights. Poor America, a giant step backwards for history. I have never been happier to have moved to Australia so many years ago. I couldn't live in such a religious state as the US again. I would say 'sharia law' except that Islam allows abortions. Sad, sad day.

Invictus likes this.
  16. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Gilead is already here. The rich prey upon the poor women by making them their surrogates. They are already using money to coerce poor women to be their baby carrier and maker for them. As for the other right you think they will take away not a chance.Even I the Supreme Court over ruled it every state would make them legal in a heart beat and so would the federal government.

17. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    For someone living in Australia, it sure sounds like you were getting local TV in Ohio, USA yesterday. The notorious Jim Obergefell (the plaintiff of the Supreme Court case that gave us national gay marriage) was onscreen ranting that the SCOTUS will be coming for the gays next. He happens to be running for Congress this year.

18. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Unless they are GIRLS of course. THEY don't look at all like Jesus, so can't possibly stand at the communion table, so that some congregation members can see a MAN up there, and pretend to themselves it's actually Jesus saying the words for them. :laugh:

I'd love to see a Venn Diagram of anti abortionists and 2nd Amendment fanatics. I bet it would be a clear circle. Right to life up untill the child is born. After that, it's fair game and the devil take the hindmost!

Apparently one of the Supreme Court judges wants to go after contraception & gay marriage next. How do countries like the US stop these nutters from infringing on other people’s rights? Mad how obsessed they are with preventing other people doing things that don’t affect them in any way at all.

This is what happens when decisions about rape victims could be made by their rapists.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Annie Grace and Invictus like this.
  19. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    It’s hard to blame him for that. He was simply taking the words of a Supreme Court Justice seriously.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/24/roe...ays-gay-rights-rulings-open-to-be-tossed.html

Annie Grace likes this.
  20. Ananias

Ananias Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    ACNA
    How providential was this decision? Consider that it happened on June 24, the feast day of the Nativity of John the Baptist. The Holy Spirit, working through human agents, has brought this glorious day about. We see the hand of God at work before our very eyes at this moment. We are witnessing something historic. God lives. God reigns. God works his mighty Will in his own time and to his own good purpose.

Luke 1:39-45: