The Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Sacred Scripture' started by Rexlion, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    You just referred to a very interesting detail linked to Genesis, which was revealed by GOD to Moses after about 2,500 years after Adam, or two days and half of GOD's works.

Yes, according you said, in fact,"Abraham was not a Jew, Isaac was not a Jew", Jacob was not a Jew, "Moses was not a Jew", but why? That's the question. How to explain this ancient detail? Well, they were not Jews because GOD created and formed the Jewish people only at the beginning of the third day, precisely between the period of 2000 to 3000 years after Adam, that is, only after God called Abram,saying to him,as follow: Genesis 12:v.1-2

1 Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
    2 And I will make of thee a great NATION (Israel), and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
    Therefore, the earth of Israel still was without form, and void; GOD called Abram about 427 years after the flood that occurred 1.656 years after Adam, so GOD called Abram in around 2080 years after Adam. https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...xactly-240-years-in-the-jewish-calendar.2354/

The Jews are descendants from Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, grandson of Abram, and his twelve sons.

Moses is about 430 years after Abraham, the descendants of Abraham had grew up extremely in the land of Egypt, were Moses was born, and GOD remembered His promise to Abraham to make from him a great NATION (Israel), and GOD fulfilled His promise calling Moses to free the people from the yoke of Pharaoh. After 40 years of pilgrimage the people of Israel arrived in the promised land, which GOD had promised to give it to Abraham centuries before. And then APPEARED the dry land, the people of Israel, whose people GOD had separated from the midst of many peoples or nations existing on Earth at that time.

By the way, peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues are represented as "waters" in the Scriptures - Revelation 17:v.15- from which appeared also the Beast of sea and the great whore which rides upon the Beast. That said, the nation of Israel, the clay, is the dry land that appeared in the third day (I mean, between 2000 to 3000 years after Adam)-Genesis 1:v.6-7 and 9-10, as follow:

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. (to divide the descendants of Abraham(Israel) from the Gentile peoples)

7 And God made the firmament (an heavenly environment-the heavenly Old Testament), and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament(Israel): and it was so.8 And God called the firmament Heaven.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven (the Gentiles peoples) be gathered together unto one place (out of the heavenly place), and let the dry land appear (and appear Israel in its own land, heavenly land): and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land (the clay) earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

PS.
    Regardings the person of the Holy Spirit, I will comment in another post, now it's too later to start a new and profound comment concerning the person of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ JESUS
    Oseas

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    I must say, this explains a lot to me concerning your theological assumptions. Thank you.

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    [​IMG] Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 12.53.56.png

Everthing below the skyline is passably representative. Everything above the skyline, pure human imagination.

Invictus likes this.
  4. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    Yes. Ironically, this kind of representation - pictorial depiction of God the Father - is actually not allowed in Eastern Orthodoxy. Anthropomorphic depictions like this strike me as very strange. They don’t line up with what our liturgy says, and they lend credence to those who say that we are really just polytheists after all.

5. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    and yet:
    TrinityDome2.jpg

From the dome of the Orthodox Cathedral in Budapest

Br. Thomas and Invictus like this.
  6. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    “Not allowed” = forbidden by the canons, which is true in this case. The existence of a rule does not imply that its violation will never happen, of course. There was a lot of Roman Catholic influence on Orthodox iconography in Eastern Europe (and to a lesser extent in the Russian Empire) after the Reformation. Such images, as they were intended and understood in a Catholic context, were undoubtedly of God the Father. However, even if such images were directly copied, the official Orthodox understanding was that both figures are actually depictions of the Second Person. The biblical theme underlying such images of God as an old man was usually the apocalyptic vision of the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7. The official Orthodox understanding is that Ancient of Days is the Logos (perhaps following the Book of Revelation ch. 1-3, which does seem to merge the Ancient of Days and the ‘son of man’ into a single figure), not God the Father, and that the ‘son of man’ is Christ as God Incarnate.

For example:
    https://catalog.obitel-minsk.com/blog/2018/08/may-or-may-not-god-father-be-depicted

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  7. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Returning to my above post 21, here's my comment about the person of the Holy Spirit, that is a Paraclete, and the Comfort.

THE PERSON OF HOLY SPIRIT - AN UNKNOWN PERSON
    The person of the Holy Spirit is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a Person, and as a Person, as was JESUS in flesh and bone, he is completely unknown. As a Person, he has several missions, as JESUS said:;

JESUS said: John 16:v.12-15 and v.8-11:
    12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
    13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for HE SHALL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE SHALL HEAR, THAT SHALL HE SPEAK: and he will shew you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of Judgment:
    9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
    10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
    11 Of Judgment, because the prince of this world is Judged.

WOULDN'T THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BE THE YOUNGER BROTHER OF JESUS? LUKE 15:v.32 - THE LAWFUL / LEGITIMATE BROTHER OF JESUS?

- The Person of he Holy Spirit has not genealogy as JESUS has-Luke 3:v.23 to 38- why? Because he is not a Jew.
    - But JESUS, or the NAME of JESUS, is known of men, and is also known of the angels, and He is known of the demons too. But the person of the Holy Spirit has a NAME written (in the Holy Scriptures, course) that no MAN knows, but he himself. I repit: He is not linked to any genealogy as JESUS is, because he is not a Jew, and yes an exiled person, although he be the younger brother of JESUS- Luke 15:v18-32. But his birth is prophetic, course, firstly and mainly according the testimony of JESUS. Isaiah prophesied about him, as follow:

-Isaiah 51:v.14-16 - saying:
    14 The captive exiled hasteneth that he may be loosed, and that he should not die in the pit, nor that his bread should fail.
    15 But I am the Lord thy God, that divided the sea (
    sea means waters and peoples, and nations, and multitudes of all tongues-Revelation 17:v.15) , whose waves(generations) roared: The Lord of hosts is his name. Aleluia!!!
    16 And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, ...

- Now, JESUS came from heaven and He was born in Israel. John 6:v.38 - I came down from heaven (Behold the man! John 19:5) not to do mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me.
    In the other hand, the prophetic birth of the person of Holy Spirit is not in Israel, but in a Gentile nation. His birth is within the body of Christ-the Church- Revelation 12:1-2&5, and as JESUS said, he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak, for he shall receive of mine, he shall take of mine, said JESUS.

By analogy, this exposed picture or figure is like the Sun and Moon. The Moon receives light from the Sun and reflets the light over the Earth; Regardings the light of JESUS, it is reflected by the Holy Spirit over the Earth, I can see this by analogy in Genesis 1:v.16:- And GOD made TWO GREAT LIGHTS; the Greater Light to rule the day -JESUS-, and the Lesser light to rule the night -the Holy Spirit- : he made the stars also.

Revelation 12:1-2&5 - the birth of the person of Holy Spirit.

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman(the Church of the Lord JESUS-His body) clothed with the Sun (clothed by JESUS's Light, the Greater Light), and the moon (that is the Lesser light - the person of the Holy Spirit) under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: (The twelve Apostles of the Lord JESUS)
    2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    5-And she brought forth a man child - the person of the Holy Spirit- , who was to rule all nations (the Gentile nations or the nations EXCEPT ISRAEL) with a rod of iron: and her child was CAUGHT UP unto GOD, and to His throne. By the way, about GOD's Throne-Psalm 97:v.1-2-CJB say: The Lord is king, let the earth rejoice, let the many coasts and islands be glad. Clouds and thick darkness surround him; Righteousness and Justice are the foundation of His throne.

JESUS is in heaven at the right hand of the Father, but the Holy Spirit is still in the Earth, he is the Paraclete, the Comfort, and has a great mission to fulfill, as JESUS said - John 16:v.7-15:
    7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of Judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    It's it.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTEw8shitr8&list=RDMM&index=20

8. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, since the beginning the Word -i.e. GOD- had planned to make man in His image, but how? once He is Spirit? The Word-i.e. GOD-is Spirit. How could man see an image of the Spirit? What is its image, the image of the Spirit? It would be impossible to describe, unless it be created materially, physically, its own image. This explains why Israel always was tempted by the Devil to create an image of GOD for to worship it, and they made even a golden calf.

According the Word, first He needed to create an image from He Himself and that's what God did, and thus JESUS was born in the turn of the fourth to the fifth Day, Aleluia!!! or in the turn of fourth to the fifth millennium. JESUS was no longer in the bosom of the Father, the Word. GOD-the Word- had just sent His only begotten, for "He loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the NAME of the only begotten Son of God, i.e. JESUS. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil"-John 3:v.16 to 19.

DETAIL: On God's clock it was midnight, so a new Day, the fifth Day, was rising when JESUS was born, and from that moment ahead the MEN could see and know the image of the Spirit, i.e. the image of the Word-GOD.

Since the beginning, GOD had planned to make man in His image, but how? once He was Spirit and the only One specifically, as whether He was alone? With the birth of JESUS, GOD the Father could fulfill His wonderful promise to make man in His image, as He planned and revealed to Moses about 2500 years after Adam: Genesis 1:v.26 - Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: ... As is written, GOD calleth those things which be not as though they were - Romans 4:v.17.

And the author of Hebrews reveals: Hebrews 1:v.1-4 and so on:
    1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds (Who is worthy to reach the next world which will be established in this current millennium by the Almighty GOD through JESUS? Check it in Luke 20:v.35-36 combined with Revelation 11:v.15 to 18)

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent NAME than they.

GOD- had planned to make man in His image, but how? | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

9. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I see you're posting this on multiple sites:
    https://purebibleforum.com/index.ph...e-younger-brother-of-jesus-luke-15-v-32.2447/

So you're saying that the Holy Spirit was literally Jesus' younger brother, also born from the Virgin Mary...

Like I've said before, it would be better if you simply unlearned everything to do with theology, and started over from scratch with the classical Anglican catechism.

Br. Thomas likes this.
  10. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Horrible. Horrible.

The figures above showed in your above post #25, are creation of the same spirit of demons and of the same satanic line of Baal, worshiped / idolized by Israel, mainly in the days of the prophet Elijah who challenged the 900 false prophets of Israel.
    We too must challenge the false Christians guides, and fight against false Christianity with its demonic idolatries, like the figures shown above, knowing that its religious guides are led and guided by three unclean spirits like frogs -Revelation 16:v.13-15. - THREE UNCLEAN SPIRITS LIKE FROGS - WHY FROGS? | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

Be careful "for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places -(heavenly places according Ephesians 1:v.3) in which we are living in Christ. Amen.
    That said, put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil - Ephesians 6:v.11-12.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (kings made by Him), and LORD of lords

Oseas (Hosea, in English)

11. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    The Ancient of Days is the person of the Holy Spirit whose birth GOD announced through JESUS-Revelation 1:v.1-. His birth is writtten in Revelation 12:1-2 and 5 (times of Apocalypse), a MAN child. In fact he is the younger son of GOD - great mystery of GOD, the Father. Here's who the Ancient of days is | Pure Bible Forum (and see www.sinaiticus.net )

JESUS is not the Ancient of Days, as He said: John 17:v.4-5, as follow:

4 {Father} I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

12. Invictus

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    :doh: The ‘unlearning’ appears to be off to a slow start…

Is there a website or something that produces these absurd, off-the-wall “interpretations” in regular supply? These posts have an unblemished pattern of error. :facepalm: How could anyone reading the New Testament ever come to the conclusion that the Holy Spirit was a human being in the minds of its authors? Absolutely absurd.

Rexlion and Shane R like this.
  13. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    You are imagining and saying that, not me.

As I said LITERALLY in my post you are replying, the younger and unknown son of GOD is not a Jew, although he be the younger brother of JESUS the GOD's older Son.

What matters is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? GOD has TWO SONS. JESUS is the GOD's older Son, the Word made flesh, who is known of men, and of the angels, and also of the demons.
    But the younger son of GOD , He revealed by/ through JESUS-Revelation 1:v.1- , therefore, know that the birth of the person of the Holy Spirit is written in Revelation 12:v.1-2and5, as it was/is revealed by GOD the Father through JESUS. Check it.

14. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    I put in charge of Jerusalem my brother Hanani, along with Hananiah the commander of the citadel, because he was a man of integrity and feared God more than most people do. Nehemiah 7:2

Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt compelled to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to God’s holy people. Jude 3

15. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    And yet I saw in the image a reflection of revelation.

16. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in His presence. 1 Corinthians 1:v.25 to 29

17. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, Revelation 16:v. 13-16 - The Word is God.

18. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Invictus has offered some wise advice on the subject of re-learning and forgetting previous possible errors of reasoning.

Regarding this:
    John 1:18, John 3:16, John 3:18, 1 John 4:9. All kind of clinch the fact that Jesus was an ONLY child in every important sense and therefore had no 'younger brother', possibly only younger step brothers, through Mary and Joseph, who was not the father of the Lord Jesus, Christ.

Perhaps a study of the dictionary definition of the word ' ONLY ' would bring enlightenment on the meaning of the sentence. "And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God" which we Anglicans recite every Sunday to remind us that God has ONLY ever had ONE SON.

Invictus likes this.
  19. Oseas

Oseas Member

BRAZIL
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, I understand, I know of this. As I said in my post #28, the Word was made flesh, JESUS was no longer in the bosom of the Father, the Word. GOD-the Word- had just sent His only begotten Son, for "He loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved. He that believeth on Him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the NAME of the only begotten Son of God, i.e. JESUS. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil"-John 3:v.16 to 19.
    DETAIL: On God's clock it was midnight, so a new Day, the fifth Day, was rising when JESUS was born, and from that moment ahead the MEN could see and know the image of the Spirit, i.e. the image of the Word-GOD.

According my interpretation of the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD - GOD has TWO SONS, as follow:

1 John 5:v. 7 - There are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit (who is not a ghost as is written in English language, but a person) : and these three are One.

- JESUS is the GOD's older Son, the Word made flesh, who is known of men, and of the angels, and also of the demons.
    - But what about the mysterious younger son of GOD, the person of the Holy Spirit?

According my interpretation of the Word of GOD -the Word is GOD- the own GOD the Father, by the way my Father, revealed the birth of his younger son by/ through His JESUS-Revelation 1:v.1- , saying:

1 - The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to shew unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:

What did GOD the Father revealed by / through JESUS in Revelation 12:v.1-2 and 5?

1 - And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
    2 - And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
    5 - And she brought forth a MAN child (THIS IS THE PERSON OF THE HOLY SPIRIT), whose mother is clothed by the Sun, i..e. is illuminated by JESUS - the Great Light - Sun of righteousness , and under her feet she is sustained by the Holy Spirit, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto GOD, and to His throne.

Therefore, know that this birth of the person of the Holy Spirit is written in Revelation 12:v.1-2and5, as it was/is revealed by GOD the Father through JESUS-Revelation 1:v.1. Meditate on these things deeply.

20. Anglican Observer

Anglican Observer Member

Canada
    Religion:
    Christianity
    I respect your freedom to hold an interpretation and your freedom to express it @Oseas, but I would respectfully disagree and humbly submit that your interpretation is at odds with historic orthodoxy. Jesus, eternally begotten of God his Father before all worlds, and who in the fullness of time became man for us and for our salvation, from thenceforth being one person in two whole and perfect natures - divine and human - never to be divided, is the Word and only begotten Son of God. Moreover, the Holy Spirit, being of one substance with the Father and the Son, is perfect God and proceeds everlastingly from the Father (and the Son). It is not correct to speak of the Holy Spirit as a Son of God nor in any terms of being begotten as a man. I am afraid your interpretations makes attributions to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit that do not cohere with historic orthodoxy.

Edit: I acknowledge that a fuller expression of orthodoxy in my paragraph above would necessitate a clause from the Creeds to the effect of Jesus' being conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary and of course other obvious things that the Creeds state but which I didn't clearly specify in my writing.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Br. Thomas, Botolph and Tiffy like this.