Christian responses to US Politics

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Tiffy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    None the less, I am inclined be believe Boris Johnson is more of a clown than a fool.

upload_2022-4-11_4-20-27.png

And the UK Defence Inteligence note does seem to suggest that Russian behaivior has more than clearly crossed the line in terms of humanity. Despite my consistent dismay when it comes to the media, I am inclined to trust what is left of the last vestigages of what we call a free press rather more than a Russian Sponsored Propoganda Ministry form of free press.

Let us pray that Easter my bring Peace, and Pascha permanancy to that Peace.

2. Botolph

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/bus...d/news-story/74876db83d66eed3b46e9e25588664ef

Australian News.com.au generally presents from the centre right, and not given to extremest positions.

But as most of the world condemns the Bucha killing, Chinese state media has doubled down on Russia’s conspiracy theory, insisting to billions of citizens that the deaths were staged.

One Chinese news report claimed “Ukrainians directed a good show”, while Chinese Communist Party mouthpiece the Global Times this week also spread Kremlin propaganda and painted the US as the aggressor in a bizarre editorial.

“It is regrettable that after the exposure of the ‘Bucha incident’, the US, the initiator of the Ukraine crisis, has not shown any signs of urging peace and promoting talks, but is ready to exacerbate the Russia-Ukraine tensions,” the piece reads.​

This I suspect is State Sponsored Propoganda gone over the top to suggest taht invaision of Ukraine was initiated by the US.

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I'm not saying anything against Australian News per se, however the video embedded in that story didn't impress me as evidence of anything. The music they chose is emotion-inducing, like what one would expect in an entertainment movie, and not worthy of a news story IMO.

It is concerning to see China state that their "friendship" with Russia is "iron clad."

4. Botolph

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Interesting. I had not watched the video, however I had read the who article. The article is better (imho) than the video. In the main I regard western media as lacklustre, generally sloppy and decidedly lazy when it comes to thinking things out. None the less still find them preferable to the state sponsored misinformation supported by regeims like Russia and China.

Rexlion likes this.
  5. ZachT

ZachT Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    News.com.au video clips are supposed to be more like entertainment movies than real news stories - the site is not exactly respectable-brand journalism. It's Murdoch's 'commercial-first' news site. Think of it like the same sort of approach as Fox News with sensationalised news-as-entertainment, but appealing to apathetic centrist people scrolling through social media, instead of the passionate right. It's online only, it's not in print (although they occasionally republish news stories in the printed Murdoch press), so they can run the stories that aren't meaningful enough to take up page space in the paper because it doesn't really cost them anything to put it online.

The videos on their articles are (mostly) unrelated to the content of the articles. That video will be on any article to do with Bucha, or just generally crimes in Ukraine. The article specifically is looking at the Chinese narrative, compared to the Western narrative. Generally you just want to ignore the video entirely, the same article will probably show a different clip next week when they have something else in Ukraine they want to talk about.

Botolph likes this.
  6. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE