Single Life

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by Dominika, Jun 27, 2021.

1. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I do apologise it is my mistake. This heat has fried the circuits in my brain:loopy:

The same OP had a different thread about wanting to go to an Anglican church but couldn't because of where she lives.

2. Legion

Legion Member

No problem. I am very easily confused myself. (As no doubt everyone has realised by now.)

3. Dominika

Dominika New Member

Thank you all that you are always ready to help:) You gave me comprehensive
    answers to my questions:)

Stalwart likes this.
  4. agraciousframe

agraciousframe New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Christian, Anglican
    I'd really be interested in these theologians if you could put the names out there.

bwallac2335 likes this.
  5. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Within the context of ACNA's episcopal hierarchy, what you're looking for primarily is the "Task Force on Marriage, Family and the Single Life". The title explicitly formulates "single life" as one of the core constituences of human life. Marriage and family are not considered to be the only options. So right on the institutional level there is a call to celibacy, and chastity.

Then within ACNA writ large, what you find are several monastic and religious societies. Largely third-order franciscan and benedictine societies AFAIK. The precise canonical structure regulating those societies is still being crystallized at the moment, but the College of Bishops is moving with updated canons throughout 2022, from what I've been told. The current ACNA Constitution already has numerous (and good) canons regulating single life, but those will be substantially improved and expanded on over the coming year or two.

In terms of whom to contact, there are probably three good options I would recommend up front. One would be the Diocese of Quincy, which is known to be extremely receptive to religious communities. Similarly, the Diocese of Fort Worth. But probably more than anything else, whom you want to reach out to is his Grace Bishop Eric Menees. From what I know he serves as the episcopal overseer for many if not most of the religious communities in all of ACNA. So he or his secretary and assistants will probably be able to direct you with much greater precision. The Rev. Stephen Noll may also be of assistance, although he has largely been working on the Matrimony side of things.

6. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    What monastic communities do you know of?

7. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  8. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    When I was speaking with Bishop Menees he had mentioned several of them. But as I am not looking to join one, the names didn't permanently register in my mind. There's a good 10-12 of them throughout the US.

9. agraciousframe

agraciousframe New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Christian, Anglican
    Thank you so much for the reply, I have been swamped and only just got to see this. I really appreciate it.

Stalwart likes this.