From ACNA to Episcopalian

Discussion in 'Church Strands (Anglo-catholics & Evangelicals)' started by Invictus, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    There is more that unites us than tears us apart.

If we spend all our time focussed on the division then we will drift further apart.

We need to be sure that this is Anglican Forums (and all that is embraced in that) or is it simply to be ACNA Forums which suggests that some us are not welcome.

2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    All are welcome. All should defend their beliefs. I even welcome non Anglicans and wish we had more of them.

Matthew J Taylor likes this.
  3. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    The trouble with this is it can result in some people falling foul of the forum rules.

JoeLaughon and Invictus like this.
  4. JoeLaughon

JoeLaughon Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    ACNA
    It does feel a bit rich to cite an essay in which ACNA is denigrated in favor of TEC and when ACNA folks bring up the rampant problems in TEC as a defense that's just a bit too divisive.

Rexlion likes this.
  5. Invictus

Invictus Well-Known Member

United States
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    I don’t think it was the author’s intention to denigrate anyone; otherwise I would not have shared it. Given that TEC gets called every foul name under the sun by a lot of the ACNA members here on a regular basis, it’s a bit disingenuous to cry foul when others point out that ACNA has the same basic identity problems as TEC has. (I’m not exactly sure why ACNA even exists; there were plenty of Continuing Anglican groups already in existence for decades, which is why I’ve said before that part of the motivation behind the former’s creation seems to have been intentionally schismatic, but I am open to being corrected on that point.)

That being said, the intention here wasn’t to start a match of grievance tennis, but rather to share a perspective that might help in a small way to bridge some of the conceptual gap between the two groups.

Botolph likes this.