New rising generation of ACNA leaders

Discussion in 'Navigating Through Church Life' started by Stalwart, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Someone as remarkable and long-suffering as the Rev. Dr. Bill McKeachie had this to say recently on his Facebook page:

“even as my heart grieves over all has been compromised, lost, or indeed wilfully discarded of the ethos of historic Anglicanism, I do also rejoice at providential signs of hope arising in a younger generation of Anglicans. In none more so — at least in my experience — than the Reverend Dr Rob Sturdy, one of three ‘finalists’ for Bishop Coadjutor of South Carolina.”

Then he linked to this video. He looks very strong. With leaders like these, we shall press on. Molon Labe.

Br. Thomas, bwallac2335 and Jellies like this.
  2. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Will he see a return to orthodoxy and stop women's ordination in the diocese of South Carolina?

3. Stalwart

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I could be wrong but I think only the women’s diaconate is left now in the Carolinas. Either way only men here are candidates, he among them. The road back to orthodoxy is torturous and long.

Speaking of new leaders, check out this interview of “What Anglicanism is” with the Canadian priest Rev. Chad Graham. Canada has been in a great disarray after the apostasy of the Church of Canada, and the new province being built up (“Anglican Network in Canada”) is still a ways from picking up the mantle. But he’s a new up and coming priest in this new province, I listened carefully to all he was asked, and he hit flawlessly every single key point of traditional classical Anglicanism. If the new Church of Canada looks like this in 30-40 years, then we are in a strong place:

Othniel likes this.
  4. Othniel

Othniel Active Member Typist

Canada
    Religion:
    Christian
    ANiC also seems to be the main holdout re: women's ordination- one of the downsides of having a coast-to-coast diocese responsible for cleaning up the mess left by the ACoC.

Rev Graham is an acquantaince and a wonderful speaker. I've been blessed by his own podcast and writings: http://chadwgraham.com/category/podcast/

Stalwart likes this.
  5. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    You might be right. I thought for some reason Tish Warren was a priest there and she is a woman

6. Stalwart

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Nah she is in the C4SO diocese. Almost all of the the dangerous revisionist clergy are together in one cohort over at C4SO. Esau McCaulley is another example (critical race theory). They all have been transferring out of their own respective dioceses, and into C4SO, which is probably because they're not welcome anywhere else in ACNA, and the bishop of C4SO Todd Hunter is the last one to give them cover.

7. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I have come to the sad decision we either to cut C4SO out or do some serious serious house cleaning

Stalwart likes this.
  8. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    She incardinated into Pittsburgh a year or 2 ago.

9. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I literally know nothing about her but she does sometimes pop up in the news.

10. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I have not watched the second video but the guy in the first video was and is highly impressive. I liked him.

11. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    I enjoy the optimism that the O.P. here presents. I can't see these quiet returns to orthodoxy in my own diocese yet, but maybe someday...

12. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    We can only pray, and hope.. one lives by faith, not by sight