"How can I continue to be a Catholic when Pope Francis endorses LGBT Ministry?"

Discussion in 'Non-Anglican Discussion' started by anglican74, Jul 9, 2021.

1. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    "How can I continue to be a Catholic when Pope Francis endorses LGBT Ministry?"
    https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25819.0

I think this is a real challenge.. because how can anyone say today that the Pope is a guardian of orthodoxy?...

The thread of doubt goes deeper, because if this is possible, then who's to say it hadn't happened before, in prior centuries when doctrines which to us today seem like "normal RC doctrine" were first introduced by some pope's radical actions?

Rexlion likes this.
  2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    It's a perfect example of why our faith is in Jesus Christ, not in some church leader or church hierarchy.

We are not to be "of Paul" or "of Apollos" or "of the Pope". We follow Christ, and Him alone do we trust. That way, when leaders falter our faith is not shaken.

anglican74 likes this.
  3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Quite so.

The church on Earth has never been an organisation which has gotten everything right. It is an organisation which has been forgiven by God for not getting everything right, and should be forgiving of others for not getting everything right, while at the same time trying sincerely to do everything the way Jesus would want it done and encouraging others to try and do the same just because that's the way God wants it, and God will give us all the power to be able to do it right, for Him.

And that would be what Jesus called, "The Kingdom of God".

Botolph likes this.