Please cast the demons out of me in Jesus Christ's name

Discussion in 'Personal Advice, Care & Prayers' started by Norma, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Norma

Norma New Member

England
    Religion:
    Christian
    Please command the demons: "In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her, without harming her, and never enter her again".

2. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Demonic possession can happen but it is rare. More often it is a physical illness of the central nervous system or a psychological pathology.

Posting on the Internet is absolutely the wrong place to ask for help. You need to seek help from a priest as a matter of urgency.

If a priest will not treat you seriously go to your diocese. I am in England and I know every Church of England diocese has at least one exorcist. I would hope every Anglican diocese has one.

First, they can assess you, perhaps with medical help, to determine whether this is a true case of demonic possession.

Should it be true demonic possession then it must be left to the exorcist to handle. No one else should attempt to deal with this.

Legion and Tiffy like this.
  3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I have done as you requested, Norma. I believe Jesus' words to all believers in John 14:12-13 that "he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." Jesus also said, "These signs shall follow them that believe; in My name they will cast out demons," (Mark 16). Peter wrote that we should resist the devil (1 Peter 5:8-9). James said (4:7) to resist the devil and he would flee.

Norma, have you told God you're sorry for the wrong things you've done and placed your trust in Jesus Christ as your Savior? If not, this is the first and most important thing you need to do. Then ask the Holy Spirit to fill you up so there is no empty space inside for the demons to return to. Having done so, as a child of God (having been adopted by Him into His family by faith) you also have authority to tell those demons to leave you alone. Read the entire New Testament starting with John's Gospel and then the Acts of the Apostles, followed by the letter to the Ephesians.

I'd like to point out to you that Ephesians is addressed not just to the Ephesians but also to "the faithful in Christ Jesus," which includes me and, hopefully, you as well. In Eph. 1:3 we learn that God "has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." The right to command demons is a spiritual blessing, and it's bestowed by God on all believers. This same letter tells the believers to give no place to the devil (4:27). And it tells the believers in Chapter 6 to "put on the whole armor of God" in order to deal with the principalities, powers, and rulers of darkness; each item of 'armor' represents a spiritual truth that helps to protect the believer, and one of them (the sword of the Spirit, the word of God) is an offensive weapon to use against the wicked ones. But to use the word of God as a weapon against the adversary, one must study and know the word of God. That's why reading and meditating on the truths contained in the Bible, especially the N.T., is so important.

Definitely seek out an Anglican parish priest who can give you counsel! Being in a church home where you can receive support from other Christians and confide in a minister is very important, too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  4. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
  5. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
  6. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    There is one reply there, affirming prayer and offering thoughts; perhaps you have that user blocked?

7. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    You were prayed for in our church service this morning, Norma! Have faith that God is able, willing, and ready to protect you and keep you safe. I believe he has dispatched angels to guard you!