Vaccines and Medicines made from fetal tissue

Discussion in 'Family, Relationships, and Single Life' started by bwallac2335, Oct 10, 2020.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    Are these licit for an Anglican to take? I would say yes as we had nothing to do with the abortions and they are on going bu wanted to know everyone else's opinion

2. Empty

Empty Member

We must be very clear when looking at this issue. The vaccines based on study of aborted fetal tissue descend from cell lines of abortions decades ago. The pope has approved vaccines for Catholics if no alternate options exist.

In addition to that, not all the vaccines coming to market ever used fetal tissue in their development. See statement I copied from Scientific report:
    Neither Pfizer nor Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine involves cells derived from aborted fetal tissue since mRNA development is a different technology. This was confirmed by UAB News, the news website for the University of Alabama-Birmingham.

"Neither the Pfizer nor the Moderna vaccine uses cell lines that originated in fetal tissue taken from the body of an aborted baby at any stage of design, development or production," UAB's Sherri Blank reported.

Moses likes this.
  3. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    Wait, the vaccines are using human baby fetal tissue?? What the, what????

4. Empty

Empty Member

5. peter

peter Active Member

England
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The first I'd heard of this is when the Vatican made their announcement. I do not follow the teachings of Rome and would in no way feel bound by their viewpoint. I would not be willing to have a vaccine that has been developed using fetal tissue because that is against my conscience. That is a decision everyone can make for themselves however, though there really should be transparency about this so that everyone can make an informed decision.

David likes this.
  6. Empty

Empty Member

See my previous post; not all vaccines coming to market used Fetal tissue IN ANY WAY. Please, people. KNOW your facts. If the fetal tissue use goes against your conscience, Please consider choosing vaccine made without it. DO NOT spread false vaccine propaganda. The only way to eradicate this virus is to get as much of the populace vaccinated as we can.

7. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    The problem is, nobody knows which vaccine is morally acceptable, and which isn’t.

Plus, the fact that even some of them have traces of such abominable practice casts a shadow on the whole medical profession. Doctors no longer unconditionally swear the Hippocratic oath as guardians of every single individual human life. They now choose whom to kill, and for whose benefit; killing the elderly if socially beneficial is already becoming normalized in Europe.

David likes this.
  8. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    No! Holly Joe Battle just gave you the links which said they don't.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Yes we do; see earlier post. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines did not use any fetal tissue in any stage of development as they use mRNA which is a different technology

Stalwart likes this.
  10. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I appreciate this voice of wisdom. More research is necessary, and if any news on either side of this come out, please do keep us posted.

Empty likes this.
  11. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I am not sure where we, as Anglicans, would stand on this position. I am not aware whether the Anglican Communion as a whole or any of its member churches have an official position on abortion. If I were to guess I suspect that the Anglican churches of the UK, Australasia and North America would say in some circumstances it is acceptable.

On a personal note I am, on the whole, opposed to abortion. I do, however, find two grey areas to which I cannot reconcile my conscience either way. The first is when there is a clear and present danger to the life of the mother. The other is a situation to which I have been far too uncomfortably close. That is when it is known there is zero chance of the neonate's survival after birth. We knew a couple whose unborn child (foetus) practically had no head. It was only because the foetus was in the uterus it was surviving. The chance of survival after birth was totally non-existent. This couple happened to be Roman Catholics. They appealled to the Church for an exception, eventually taking it to Rome. They were constantly given a negative response. The poor woman went through labour knowing at the end of it she would not have a baby.

I do not know whether the COVID-19 vaccines have used cells that are the result of a cell line that originally began a long time ago from foetal cells. Although, not a Roman Catholic I am aware only of their decision on this matter and I find their line of reasoning acceptable. If cells were used in the development of the COVID-19 vaccines that came from a cell line from foetal cells they are so far removed from the original cells and as we had absolutely nothing to do with any abortions involved we can, in good conscience, be vaccinated.

I also believe that the greatest commandment of them all, charity, prevails. Not only should we be vaccinated for our own personal benefit but to help with the development of herd immunity. This helps to protect the most vulnerable as well as those who cannot, for clinical reasons, receive a vaccine.

Fr. Brench, Tiffy and bwallac2335 like this.
  12. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    I plan on taking the vaccine when it becomes available to my age group, which will be the last group it will be made available to.

13. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    My nephew worked in R&D for Pfizer for several years, but he quit from there and now he is a registered pharmacist. He has studied the specs on these vaccines, and he and his wife both have taken them. He let us know that Moderna and Pfizer both stress the importance of receiving the second shot within 2 to 3 weeks of the first one. My nephew said that this is very important. But the way the vaccine supply is being rolled out, at the present time it would be almost impossible to comply with this time frame.

My wife and I don't get the flu shots, and we intend to pass on the Covid vaccines also. I am pretty certain I contracted Covid-19 at Christmastime anyway. I held the hands of two women in prayer during the Sunday-before-Christmas service, and we all got fevers about 3 days later. The other two tested positive for Covid; I never got the test. I had the fever for about 3 days in all, and a very minor bit of congestion and cough, but that was it. Feeling fine now. The three of us survived the "noisome pestilence," all glory to God.
    Psa_91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

14. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I am definitely going to have the vaccine. Because of a medical condition I fall into Priority Group 6 in the UK. I believe it will be some months before I receive mine. My mother and many of her contemporaries have received their first dose.

15. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Norway has had a few deaths due to the Covid vaccine pushing frail or sickly elderly people 'over the edge' and they are now warning their people against taking the vaccine if they are in poor health and elderly. FWIW. The vaccine can cause some symptoms of illness for a day or so; this is a reasonably widespread occurrence.

I think I read somewhere that the Moderna vaccine is particularly 'strong.' It might be the most likely one to cause one to feel poorly for a while.

16. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Why would you not take the vaccine?

17. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    My wife and I don't feel that we need it; we are not fearful about the virus' effects (my symptoms were in no way severe), nor are we fearful of dying (we have confidence in God about where we will be going).

And we have concerns about safety since the animal trials were skipped and these were rushed into production without the usual safeguards and testing procedures; because of this, we don't know anything about possible long-term effects. (Vaccine mfrs are totally exempt from liability for any deleterious effects; whether accidental or negligent or even willfully malicious, they cannot be held accountable. This is not reassuring to us.)

Besides, there's no way to know how long the vaccine's effect will last before needing another one. There's no assurance that having taken the vaccine will make a person unable to transmit it to others. And if the Covid virus mutates, similar to influenza virus, they will be constantly changing the vaccine and trying to guess what the next year's mutation will be.

Shane R likes this.
  18. Scottish Knight

Scottish Knight Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Religion:
    Christian
    This is what Full Fact says about the Oxford vaccine:

"A video originally posted on the Vaxxed II Facebook page, which has since spread further online, claims that the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine contains cells from the lung of an aborted male foetus.

The vaccine does not use the cell strain mentioned, but a different one, called HEK 293, which was derived from human kidney cells of an aborted foetus.

Cells from both foetuses have been replicated over the decades, creating what’s known as cell strains. So the actual cells used in the manufacture of this vaccine are not directly from a foetus.

While human-derived cells are used to manufacture the vaccine, they are filtered out of the final product."

https://fullfact.org/online/foetal-cells-covid-vaccine/

19. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I would want far more information than that and certainly much better information. It does not sound to me like sensible scientific reporting.

20. PDL

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    I find this to be a rather selfish and 'I am alright Jack' attitude. Vaccination isn't just about protecting oneself but about protecting others, too. The more people have a vaccine the better the entire population is protected. This is important because there are individuals who cannot have a vaccine for clinical reasons, even though they would want one if they could. They are dependent on what is called 'herd immunity' to protect them, which is what results from the population being protected.

Despite what this attitude implies doctors and scientists are not unconcerned about people. While the vaccine was processed at a rapid rate it was thoroughly tested at each stage. We want people to be protected against COVID-19 not killed by drugs attempting to protect them.

Even if the drug had taken the time you wished the long-term effects could not be known. They can never be known until any drug has been in use for a long time. That is why doctors, pharmacists, nurses, other healthcare professionals and, indded, patients are asked to report adverse effects.

There is a precedent for this. When HIV emerged in the 1980s the development of drugs to bring it under control were expedited. No patients infected with HIV have died because of these rapidly developed medicines. Now people living with HIV who are taking medicines can live a normal lifespan, with good quality and pose no risk of infecting others.

Botolph likes this.