Geneva Consensus Declaration

Discussion in 'Anglican and Christian News' started by Stalwart, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    That's not what I'm saying here. What I'm saying is that there is a parallel to be drawn between Muslims imposing 'Laws' which promote their religious values, and Christians who are trying to impose 'Laws' which promote their religious values.

Christians certainly should be in politics, even in the Senate and HoR, indeed on Capial Hill generally, but they should not imagine that the imposition of Their Laws will be enough to make Americans 'God's People', or 'Make America Great Again', like Islamists think imposing Sharia Law on all and sundry would do for them.

Christians are people who accept God's moral laws themselves and seek to influence others to do the same, by example.

Islamists on the other hand accept their 'Laws' themselves but seek to impose them on others by force of Shariah law.

It is the USE of the law which brings about the commonality between Islamist Governments and some particular breeds of Christian believer's desired manifestations of government.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Now, we really ARE getting desperate! :laugh: :facepalm: arn't we. Childless couples are servants of the anti-Christ? . . . . . whooooah!

3. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Just pointing out the basic fact that families which are purposefully barren, are basically broken.

In Europe you now have broken leaders, with broken marriages (Macron a good example), trying to lead broken countries where there is a broken faith and a broken culture. But instead of turning over the tables in the Temple, and whipping the money changers out, many European Christians abet this brokenness.

Instead of barrenness, what we need are families flourishing with children, leaders who came out of a bursting clan (like they used to less than a century ago), with 8-10 children; leaders who understand family, love, and innocence. These are basic facts.

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    That is sounding VERY Roman Catholic now. :biglaugh::rofl: You aught to have voted for Biden. :laugh:

5. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    I would imagine that it is very much traditionally Anglican and Christian. I for myself would like 5 kids. My wife wants 4. Right now the second is on the way. If we are blessed with more that will be great.

Othniel and Stalwart like this.
  6. Stalwart

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Literally everyone in Europe had 5+ kids, as recently as our grandfathers time. It was a most European, and a most Christian, thing to do.

7. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Children are like arrows in the hand of a giant. Happy is the man whose quiver is full of them. Ps 127:4-5.

My father's father and mother had 9 and my mother's father and mother had 6.

Stalwart and bwallac2335 like this.
  8. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    In those days it was an investment and a hedge against old age on the one hand and a way of increasing the family work force for the working classes, on the other.

The rich just hired more servants if they needed them. :laugh:

9. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    Now we need the kids to pay for our entitlement systems.There are studies that say entitlements reduce fertility. The only problem is that if I have 5 kids and someone has zero I increased the number of people who will pay into the systemin the future to support us while that person is only a drain. They need to reward the people with kids to help encourage people to have more.

10. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    The future looks to be falling populations not growing populations

Stalwart likes this.
  11. Stalwart

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
  12. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    This argument seems to be stacking up to a move to ban both abortion AND contraception by government edict. Aparently then China's fears of overpopulation must be totally unfounded and soon there won't be an immigration problem in UK/USA/Europe because of drastically falling populations worldwide. (I don't think that's happening). Or is it only populations in the USA/UK/Europe which need boosting and everyone else's reduced?

Seems a bit of a one sided argument maybe?

13. bwallac2335

Religion:
    ACNA
    The UN is predicting falling populations for the whole world by the end of the century. Some demographers are saying that it will start to happen by the mid century or so. Europe will be leading the way along with East Asian countries. Latin America looks to be in bad way for its demographic future also. Chile, Brazil, and Uruguay are already below replacement rate fertility. Mexico is basically at replacement rate. It is not one sided since I am talking about the whole wordl here. The only place expected to have strong population growth is Africa and some demographers I have seen says that is a bit optimistic outside of the near term.