My priest is slowly moving higher up the high church ladder

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by bwallac2335, Sep 13, 2020.

1. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    He started off kinda low church. We did not kneel during the General Confession and Absolution. Now we do. He used to skip the Deutoerocanical readings, now we read them. There have been other things that are getting more and more ceremonial. I would say we are now middle of the road.

Shane R likes this.
  2. anglican74

anglican74 Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)
    This just means he is becoming traditional... So it does not seem like moving 'higher up' but rather, 'closer to' traditional Anglican piety.. Sounds wonderful!

mediaque and Shane R like this.
  3. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    A few years ago an ACNA parish in NC decided to jettison their Rite II Eucharist (79 BCP) and move to the 1928 BCP. They were a little confused about how to use some of the material. My archbishop dispatched me to provide some instruction to them.

When +Steve Wood (Diocese of the Carolinas) started ordaining women last month, they jettisoned the ACNA and came into our jurisdiction.

4. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    By the way, how much news has spread around that another ACNA diocese is ordaining women?

5. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    First I have heard of it. Sad why is he doing it.? Did he give a reason?

6. Stalwart

Stalwart Well-Known Member Anglican

America
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Great!

That's awful. He will be judged by God accordingly, for helping contribute to the degradation of the church, as have all the modernists in Christendom of the last few decades. I can't say I'm too surprised however, as I've always thought of him as a modernist who was enamored of almost everything in the Episcopal Church.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  7. Lowly Layman

Lowly Layman Well-Known Member

Sounds like an opportunity to pray for the good bishop's conversion and return to the catholic faith, not a time to declare how God will judge him. Grace, not condemnation, is what Our Lord revealed to the world, and love is quality He said His followers would be known by. JMO.

8. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I hadn't heard until now. Ugh.