Christian responses to US Politics

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Tiffy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Have any idea what bacteria are and where they hang out? I'm glad you don't make my sandwiches. :laugh::popcorn:

2. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    All of us have about as many bacteria living inside our bodies as we have cells. So what's a few more or less? :whistle:

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Quite a lot potentially if some kinds of them find their way into somebody's sandwhiches and breed there. :sick: :thumbsdown: :doh:

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  5. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    This doctor explains good medical reasons why mask wearing can do more harm than good.

6. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
  7. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    The far left is a genuine and immediate threat to the well-being of US residents right now. Antifa and its associated groups must be curbed. Please consider adding this to your daily prayers, that the leaders of this radical revolutionary movement will be rooted out and stopped.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/journalist-warns-congress-antifa-plans-to-spread-violence-across-america_3451423.html?ref=brief_News&utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb&__sta=vhg.uosvpxqlzouqzU|YHT&__stm_medium=email&__stm_source=smartech

8. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    The are also a means of reducing the spread of bacteria and viruses.
    The mask collects them, (I know that might be difficult to understand for some :laugh: ). The mask forms a barrier but can therefore also become a reservoir. This is not rocket science. :loopy:

I guess that is why they are used only once and then disposed of or washed at a high temperature before re-use.

Continued use of any thing that is in any way connected with the respiratiry system will harbour bacteria, some of them extremely harmful. There was a guy recently over here died from bacteria picked up by playing his own bagpipes. Clean reuseable masks at least 3 times a week. Dispose of disposable masks immediately after use or within 24 hours, though some reuseables can take up to 3 or 4 washes in a dilute bleach solution.

Are we next going to told we shouldn't play bagpipes, the trombone, trumpet, oboe and especially the tuba?

Will playing woodwind and brass instruments be termed psychological-terrorism next by mask nudists. :laugh:

9. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Being forced to listen to bagpipes just might be a form of terrorism.... :o lol

10. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Queen Victoria employed a piper as an alarm clock. True!

11. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    I would have hated to have that job on the mornings when the queen hit "snooze." :order:

I wonder if she ever told him to "pipe down"? :hmm:

12. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Apparently she liked 'the skirl o' the pipes'.

Did you hear the one about the Scot who complaied to the hotel keeper about the noise in the the night from the other guests?

He said: "At three o the clock this morning, I couldn'a hear to practice ma bagpipes fer the banging on the walls." :laugh:

13. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  14. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  15. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  16. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    News flash -we have just had reports of a family of 4 having Covid with no apparent overseas links

17. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Bet they are frantically tracking and tracing then.

18. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Things aren't very friendly in Australia right now. Highly restrictive, in fact.

When the Aussie police will smash your car window and drag you out of your car simply to force you to show them your papers, that doesn't sound like a place I'd want to live in or visit.

Here's an Australian policeman grabbing a girl by the neck and wrestling her to the ground, for the horrific crime of not wearing a mask.

In parts of Germany (Hessen and Baden-Württemberg, 2 of 16 federal states in Germany), if you are suspected of having Covid the health authorities will take your children away from you (for their protection, of course).

19. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Hi @Rexlion, I am with you on this. Melbourne is in a strong lockdown to get on top of cases in a second wave there. Currently averaging about 400 new cases a day and 12 or so deaths per day. As a consequence the place is on high alert, and mask wearing has become mandatory. There are of course some anti maskers, and whilst I acknowledge that the vision is awful, and I suspect the officer involved will be subject to an enquiry, (and rightly so) I am also aware that there was a back story that lead to this over zealous policing.

20. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Covid is being leveraged by global warming proponents as an opportunity to make a "green" restart of the global infrastructure.

[​IMG]