What is the Anglican Teaching on the Book of Revelation

Discussion in 'Faith, Devotion & Formation' started by bwallac2335, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    You may or may not be dividing rightly the word of truth here. 2 Tim.2:15. We shall have to wait until the judgment and how ever many resurrections there may turn out to be before we can be certain about that though.

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. Most assuredly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live,

Another possible explanation might be that Jesus was referring to both the Saints of old in their graves who looked forward to resurrection on hearing the voice of Christ, ( Luke 20:38, Matt.22:31-32, Rom.14:9, 1 Pet.4:6 ), and those capable of hearing while alive and currently listening to his teaching. Matt.11:15, Matt.13:9, Matt.13:43, Mk.4:9, Mk.4:23, Mk.7:16. Luke 8:8, Luke 14:35. Luke 20:34-38." For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him".

Both groups being spiritually unregenerate until given life by The Son of God, John 3:16, John 5:26, and both groups, being thus regenerated entirely by God's Grace, are 'dead' and have their 'life' hid with Christ in God. Col.3:3.

2. Shane R

Shane R Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I agree with that as well. Perhaps the paragraph I shared were the poorly expressed thoughts of a younger man.

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    More like not quite the whole theological landscape, but a decent view from a downstairs window. We shall eventually have a proper view from the rooftop. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now we know in part; but then shall we know even as also we are known. 1 Cor.13:12.