Christian responses to US Politics

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Tiffy, Mar 26, 2020.

1. AnglicanAgnostic

AnglicanAgnostic Well-Known Member

New Zealand
    Religion:
    none
    Thank you every one. I wonder if it's because she's a non believing unmarried mother :p :D

By the way we now have two deaths, two women in their seventies and nineties with underlying health issues

2. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Not judgemental at all then. :laugh:

3. Rexlion

Rexlion Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    The noted economist, Martin Armstrong, made an interesting blog post this morning:

I have a friend in London whose mother went to the hospital and he knew she was near death. After two days, the hospital claimed she died of the Coronavirus. He said how since she did not go in with that? The joke in London is that COVID-19 is the miracle cure. Nobody in London has died from a heart attack, only COVID.

Senator Dr. Scott Jensen of Minnesota came out to expose how the AMA is encouraging American doctors to overcount coronavirus deaths across the US. He showed a 7-page document coaching him, as a doctor, to fill out death certificates with a COVID-19 diagnosis without a lab test to confirm the patient actually had the virus. Why? Because of the package for this relief, hospitals are paid more to attend this virus. NOBODY is dying of the flu any more – only COVID-19.
    The US government's trillion-dollar handout encourages the medical industry to over-report Covid-19 deaths. Perhaps there are similar monetary incentives in the UK?

4. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Very similar in intellect to the 5G virus conspiracy. Not worth paying attention to.

Is this the same, or a different Martin A Armstrong?

Believing such tripe can be damaging to mental health.

5. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Same one. What the wikipedia article doesn't tell you is that he has been called upon for economic counsel by many of our presidents including Reagan, and he continues to be called upon by heads of state globally. He was locked up without a trial for several years and denied medical treatment, but survived. The US Supreme Court subsequently ruled that he was treated illegally, but his enemies perpetuate the libels against him. It is best to view both sides of a story before passing judgment on a man.

6. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Know them by their fruit.

7. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Yes, would you like to drag Senator Jensen's name through the mud also?

8. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    What are his fruit like? Deeds, not words.

The more a society departs from the truth, the more that society hates those who speak it.

9. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    That's the truth! :cheers:

Wouldn't you say that society is pretty far from the truth nowadays?

Seems like society overall welcomes what you've been saying, while those who say what I say are treated like nutballs and pariahs by society. :hmm:

10. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Seems about 60%+ believe Trump, so no, I woudn't say that. :laugh: I'd say only 60%+ are pretty far from the truth. :yes: But then I have never understood American politics. Democrats are content to live in a Republic and Republicans claim to be ardently Democratic yet neither ever agree with one another. Seems like a Nation divided by a common political system, run entirely by millionaires to serve their own interests.

But I may be wrong. :wicked: :laugh:

11. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    The USA is now the first country in the world to reach 2000 COVID19 deaths per day with little sign of the trend abating yet.

This is an "America First" statistic that Christians have prayed not to see.

The UK now has the highest number of COVID19 deaths in Europe and aproaching close on 1000 COVID19 deaths a day and does not yet definitely know if we have reached the peak yet.

12. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Maybe I can help you understand American politics. Here's all you need to know, really:
    1. Almost all Republicans are pro-life, and their party platform gives some credit to God.
    2. Almost all Democrats are pro-death, and their party platform purposely excludes God.

13. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    I suspect you may be doing a disservice to American Politics, which I have observed is a very expensive game.

Whilst simplicities rarely stand up, I would have thought that the key difference was about their attitude to money, where the Democrats seem to believe that it was made round to go round, whilst the Republicans believe it was made flat to stack.

What I really don't understand is why for the last several years the Presidential race has been dominated by more senior citizens.

Tiffy likes this.
  14. bwallac2335

bwallac2335 Well-Known Member

Religion:
    ACNA
    His formula while not detailing all the differences between Democrats and Republicans was right in what he posted. Now we have Trump verses Biden. Trump's flaws are well known but Biden seems to be losing his mind.

Rexlion likes this.
  15. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican

All have sinned and are falling short of the glory of God.

This applies to national leaders as much as it applies to each one of us. The truth is I don't think Trump's flaws are all that well known, or at least perhaps are not that well understood.

I was particularly struck by Mr Trump’s choice of words in his tweet slapping down the Journal. He said the paper “forgot” about his TV ratings, as though mentioning those ratings is the sort of thing a normal person would usually think to do.

In reality, nobody talks about the ratings because they are not the slightest bit relevant. You would think, as the man responsible for ensuring as few Americans as possible die from the virus, Mr Trump would also have more important things to worry about.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-us-president-donald-trump-is-weirdly-fixated-on-the-wrong-number/news-story/3dca78b70d46cc821ae6a6f3e11bd13f

The oldest President of the USA was Ronald Reagan who was 77 when he left office. If Joe Biden was elected he would be 78 when he takes over from The Apprentice.

The Democratic contender called for three broad actions. He wrote that stringent social distancing measures needed to continue until the number of new cases declined significantly; that testing needed to be much more widespread along with contact tracing; and that "effective disease surveillance" would be required to prepare the health care sector for future flare ups.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-us-president-donald-trump-is-weirdly-fixated-on-the-wrong-number/news-story/3dca78b70d46cc821ae6a6f3e11bd13f

Biden, from where I sit, seems to be echoing Gladys Berejiklian, who is Premier of New South Wales, and I believe has served us well through this crisis so far, save for one misstep being the disembarkation of passengers from the Ruby Princess which probably accounts for a third of our caseload. We are of course a long way from out of the woods as we are going into winter and you are coming out of winter.

16. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
    Actually the money thing is a misperception fostered by one party. As for the age thing, Barack's feelings would be hurt if he knew you were calling him a senor citizen. :) But anyway, wisdom generally comes to a man with age (if it comes to him at all).

Biden is echoing the father of lies. He keeps telling whoppers. :loopy:

Our local church planned to stream today’s Sunday service live on facebook from a basically empty church, but a handful of volunteers were needed to run the camera, play the piano, read, and sing. As some of the volunteers arrived, a guy standing just off the property line started yelling at them in an angry tone, “Go home! Go home!”

I guess he’d appointed himself to help flatten the curve. Or maybe he just wished he could flatten someone.

17. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
  18. Rexlion

USA
    Religion:
    Christian attending ACNA
  19. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    All life saving is only temporary.
    All healing is but a temporary reprieve from an irrevocable and inevitable change.
    Be thankful for all mercies. The folk at Eyham saved many others lives by isolating themselves.

20. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE