Another Sad Commentary on the Situation in the World Today

Discussion in 'The Commons' started by Peteprint, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
  2. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    “If you have a man six foot tall with a beard who says he wants to be addressed as ‘she’ and ‘Mrs’, would you do that?”

What on earth are we doing to the English language? The question itself identifies the person as a man, but wants to abandon the language and use feminine pronouns and titles of address.

3. Juliana

Juliana Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Anglican - Anglo-Catholic
    'Gender fluidity' is an abomination in itself.
    God created them male and female.

4. Liturgyworks

Liturgyworks Well-Known Member Anglican

US
    Religion:
    Christian Orthodoxy
    dariakus and Brigid like this.
  5. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    As often happens I suspect we are being given only half of a story here. The linked article supports this as it is clearly written from the perspective of the doctor. I find it difficult to believe that he was dragged into an office out-of-the-blue and asked the alleged question. Something the doctor did or said is more likely to have precipitated the situation.

In my experience doctors are usually well-educated and intelligent people. When this doctor accepted this role to assist the UK Government in getting people of benefits he would have known the job criteria and would have gone through training. Prior to undertaking the job he would have known what was expected of him. If he is a man of such high principles he ought to have said from the outset I cannot accept this role under these conditions.

I am not saying I disagree with him regarding transgenderism because I do not. However, I never take a story in the media at face value. There has to be other aspects to this case we are not being told about to satisfy someone's agenda.

Brigid likes this.