Formula of Holy Subscription

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Admin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. kevin hergert

kevin hergert New Member Anglican

United States
    I am on Kik. It may or may not appropriate. Let me know who is in charge to answer these questions

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Moderator Staff Member Anglican

Welcome @kevin hergert!

Sorry? Please shoot me a private message.

3. Lenhardt Stevens

Lenhardt Stevens New Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Episcopalian
    As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Lenhardt, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Peteprint likes this.
  4. JonahAF

JonahAF Moderator Staff Member Typist Anglican

Welcome, friend!

5. Rubric

Rubric New Member Anglican

As it contains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene and Athanasian Creeds; the Articles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, Rubric, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

6. Fr. Brench

Fr. Brench Well-Known Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACNA)

I, Fr. Brench, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

[Thus sworn because it is consistent with the ordination vows already made according to the Ordinal of the Anglican Church in North America, wherein the Prayer Book of 1662 is received as the standard by which our Prayer Book of 2019 is to be derived!]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2019
  7. Phoenix

Welcome, all!!

8. FatherPhilTer

FatherPhilTer New Member Anglican

United States
    Religion:
    Anglican (ACA)
    I, FatherPhilTer, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled,The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Attached Files:

9. PDL

PDL Well-Known Member Anglican

United Kingdom
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Without reservation I make the following oath so help me Almighty God.

I, PDL, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Phoenix likes this.
  10. CFLawrence

CFLawrence Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Evangelical Episcopalian
    As itcontains the holy formulas of our religion: The Apostles, Nicene andAthanasian Creeds; theArticles of Religion, sacred Anglican Rites and Rituals, the Church Catechism, and exhorts the Homilies;

I, CFLawrence, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Admin: Revoked, as of July 15, 2020, after mutual consultation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2020
  11. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    With great pleasure,

I, Shaun, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  12. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Shaun .... I 'think' (and anybody, please correct me if I'm wrong) you have to actually insert your user name for the badge to appear. So ... you would actually type in ..... I, "Shaun" for it to appear.

Shaun likes this.
  13. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Oh, ha, cheers :)

I was thinking it would be added by the OP ...

mediaque likes this.
  14. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Could be. I'm pretty new around here too, and I could be totally wrong. Sure wouldn't be the first time. Ha! I was going by this statement at the bottom of the OP:

"Should you choose to subscribe to Anglican orthodoxy, copy and paste the above oath in your post, with your username placed where specified. The Anglican badge shall then be applied to your account."

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will come by and read and tell us for sure. :)

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  15. mediaque

mediaque Active Member

United States
    Religion:
    Anglo-Catholic (TEC)
    Shaun ... indeed, it would seem that your understanding was correct. I'm sorry. I thought it was an automatic thing that happened. But obviously, I was wrong. Ha! Told you it wouldn't be the first time. :)

Shaun likes this.
  16. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    It's all good ,:D
    :thumbsup:

17. Phoenix

Thanks, and done!

@Shaun I fixed your name (we don't want anyone's private information coming out). Welcome!

:friends:

Shaun likes this.
  18. Shaun

Shaun Member Anglican

England
    Religion:
    Church of England
    Awesome, thanks a bunch :)

19. Dave Kemp

Dave Kemp Member Anglican

United States of America
    Religion:
    Church of England

I, Dave Kemp, Do here declare my unfeigned assent, and consent to all, and every thing contained, and prescribed in, and by the 1662 Book intituled, The Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments, and other Rites, and Ceremonies of the Church, according to the use of the Church of England, together with the Psalter, or Psalms of David, Pointed as they are to be sung, or said in Churches; and the form, or manner of making, ordaining, and consecrating of Bishops, Priests, and Deacons.

Shaun likes this.
  20. Phoenix

Welcome!

Shaun and Dave Kemp like this.