Hello from an Eastern Rite Anglican!

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Monica Cross, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Monica Cross

Monica Cross New Member

USA
    Religion:
    Eastern Rite Anglican
    Hi everyone, my name is Monica & I'm from CA. I've been looking for a religious forum, so here I am. I'm not your typical Anglican, though...

I am Anglican in belief, but liturgically oriented toward Russian Orthodoxy, and a member of the Society for Eastern Rite Anglicanism. As there is no Eastern Rite in the Anglican Communion, this simply means that I use a head covering during worship & prayer, use a prayer rope instead any Anglo-Catholic rosary, and follow Orthodox rubrics at home, such as the use of an icon corner, the Orthodox equivalent of a home altar.

2. Peteprint

Peteprint Well-Known Member Anglican

USA
    Religion:
    High-Church Laudian
    Hello Monica, Welcome to the forum. I used to be Orthodox, prior to embracing Anglicanism. I hope you enjoy your time here.

3. Tiffy

Tiffy Well-Known Member

UK
    Religion:
    CofE
    Hello Monica: I'm new here myself. I'm from the UK. I have known thousands of Anglicans in my 72 years of life, but never met a 'typical one'. I think they must be a very rare breed indeed. All I have met have been individuals who commune with God along with other Anglicans, each very 'untypical', in fact each quite unique.

4. Botolph

Botolph Well-Known Member

Australia
    Religion:
    Anglican
    Welcome among us. I like eastward leaning Anglicans. I have been know to describe myself as Anglidox.

5. Ide

Ide Well-Known Member

Welcome, Monica!

I think there was some discussion on the Eastern Rite Anglicanism a while ago. I'm also partial to many elements of the Eastern Christian tradition. But, I also like the Anglican tradition as well. I have both the Orthodox prayer and Book of Common prayer at my icon corner and also veil myself. I think the West can learn much from the Eastern Christians on finding the inner, mystical heart of the faith instead of endlessly worrying about ideas and theology.

How does being a member of SERA work? Is it an active community?