Feelings on modern arts and entertainment?

Discussion in 'Arts, Literature, and Games' started by Religious Fanatic, May 12, 2018.

1. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    For a while, I was dreaming about doing music, writing novels, etc. but have gradually started to back away because of my disillusion with how liberal the arts are now. I have given up movies for the most part. I feel I am wasting my time hoping they will get better by not buffeting us with liberal post-modernist propaganda. Celebrity culture makes me sick. A lot of modern literature is extremely liberal and humanistic trash, and makes me feel just as ill. I am tired of the delusion that being 'smart' is being atheist and the emphasis on ideas that sound logical and promising on paper but do not work that way in real life. One of the possible reasons that people in the arts have such absurd views is probably due to that, as well. Chaos theory is the whole concept that something sounds like it'll turn out one way at the start, but in a real environment ends up in a more unpredictable outcome.

I honestly can't imagine myself being involved in publishing or the music industry. I wanted to be able to contribute some alternative to what's available but I imagine that if I ever produce anything in those categories, it'll be to a smaller, more dedicated market rather than a mass produced mainstream thing. I don't have the health to deal with that. I want to use the talents God gave me, but do not want to be assaulted constantly by secular fanatics or progressive extremists either on the internet or anywhere else.

Does anyone else have any opinion on the current state of arts/entertainment?

2. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

N Ireland
    Religion:
    Traditional RomanCatholic
    I have noted that almost every drama , or advert for that matter , has at least one homosexual character. Also an apparent increase in inter-racial couples, not that there's anything wrong with that per se but it's become disproportionate

3. Religious Fanatic

Religious Fanatic Well-Known Member

USA
    Religion:
    Christian
    You're right. We Christians in America are actually getting very sick of the media shoving this down our throats because of how politically correct they are these days. Ironically enough, many shows with gay themes get cancelled very quickly. The only time they don't is when the show has more to it than just the gay stuff to make people even tolerate it to begin with.